Duplicate transactions downloaded with One Step Update of Chase/Wells Fargo/Capital One

Options
mpeachey
mpeachey Member ✭✭
There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mpeachey said:
    I get duplicate transactions every time I update and download from Chase accounts. This happens on three different Chase user IDs. Looking at the Downloaded ID, the IDs from new duplicate transactions match those from previously downloaded transactions.

I will absolutely lose my mind if someone tells me again how to delete the duplicates. I know how to delete duplicates. I want to know whether or not someone at Quicken has any idea how to resolve the issue of downloading the duplicates.
    Hello @mpeachey,   

I do apologize about this issue with duplicate transactions. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, have you recently had to deactivate and reactivate your accounts? Doing so can cause duplicate transactions to appear in the associated account register(s). 

Next, are you noticing that the information in the Downloaded ID column is being replicated? If so, what is the connection method you are using to add or link your accounts to online banking services? You can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mpeachey
    mpeachey Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I do understand that deactivating and reactivating accounts could cause a 1x issue with duplicate transactions. I've read all of the online content available. This is not a 1x issue. If it was, I would have deleted the duplicates and moved on with my life, obviating this conversation entirely.

Yes, the Downloaded ID of the duplicate(s) matches the Downloaded ID of the existing transaction. If I download once, I get two that match. If I download again the next day, I get a new one. And so on. And each has the same exact ID as all the others.

As far as the connection type, this happens in four accounts currently:
    * Wells Fargo Bank - Direct Connect
    * Chase (Account ID #1) - Direct Connect
    * Chase (Account ID#2) - Direct Connect
    * Capital One Card Services - Express Web Connect+
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mpeachey said:
    Yes, I do understand that deactivating and reactivating accounts could cause a 1x issue with duplicate transactions. I've read all of the online content available. This is not a 1x issue. If it was, I would have deleted the duplicates and moved on with my life, obviating this conversation entirely.

Yes, the Downloaded ID of the duplicate(s) matches the Downloaded ID of the existing transaction. If I download once, I get two that match. If I download again the next day, I get a new one. And so on. And each has the same exact ID as all the others.

As far as the connection type, this happens in four accounts currently:
    * Wells Fargo Bank - Direct Connect
    * Chase (Account ID #1) - Direct Connect
    * Chase (Account ID#2) - Direct Connect
    * Capital One Card Services - Express Web Connect+
    Hello @mpeachey,         

Thanks for getting back to me with the answers to the earlier question about connection methods. 

Unfortunately, given the nature of the error message and the connection method in use, it will be necessary to reach out to Chase technical support. You may benefit from requesting to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team, as they are more likely to be familiar with third-party software, such as Quicken.

Feel free to reach out again anytime. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mpeachey
    mpeachey Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Are you trying to tell me that this is not a Quicken problem? And that three different financial institutions with two different connection APIs are having the same exact problem with downloading data to Quicken?

And, how exactly is calling Chase going to help me with Wells Fargo or Capital One?

Everything worked fine (or, to be honest, as well as Quicken ever works) until a few weeks ago with the auto update. And then Quicken started having a problem with the downloads.

So, @Jared, I request to speak with the Quicken version of your suggested "'Tier 2' representative or escalations team, as they are more likely to be familiar with third-party software, such as Quicken."
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @mpeachey,
    mpeachey said:
    So, @Jared, I request to speak with the Quicken version of your suggested "'Tier 2' representative or escalations team, as they are more likely to be familiar with third-party software, such as Quicken."
    To be contacted by Quicken's Tier 2/escalation team, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly and request to schedule a Tier 2 callback. These callbacks can only be scheduled by contacting Tier 1 (Quicken Support) first.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mpeachey
    mpeachey Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    OK, for those other Quicken users who find this same problem, the fix it turns out is relatively easy.

[Removed - Disruptive/Speculation] 

Then:
    * Open Quicken, go to the offending account and delete the duplicates.
    * Go to the Online services tab for the offending account (R-Click the account name in the account list > Edit/Delete Account > Online Services tab)
    * Look for the blue text "Automatic entry is: xxx" and click on it.
    * Choose "No - Never automatically add blah blah". Do this even if it already said "No" in the blue text. (Yes, this is stupid)
    * Click whatever series of confirmations that appear.
    * Update the account again. You should be good to go.
  • mpeachey
    mpeachey Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Actually, never mind. The "fix" lasted one day. Now we are back to downloading a bunch of duplicate transactions, with matching Downloaded IDs. The problem is with some but not all financial institutions.

I created a new Quicken file, linked to the same accounts. That file works fine. The problem is with the main Quicken file I have.

[Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
This discussion has been closed.