How do I add missing transactions?

Options
Jbest
Jbest Member ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Registers & Transactions (Mac)
For some reason, my Quicken account failed to download almost two months of transactions from one bank account (AlternaBank) back in January and February of this year. Happily, this period doesn't include too many important transactions but there are several that I need to add to Quicken since they are important for keeping track of my expenses. How do I add the missing transactions? And how do I avoid this kind of error in the future? This is a bank account that syncs automatically with Quicken. Thanks!

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Jbest said:
    For some reason, my Quicken account failed to download almost two months of transactions from one bank account (AlternaBank) back in January and February of this year. Happily, this period doesn't include too many important transactions but there are several that I need to add to Quicken since they are important for keeping track of my expenses. How do I add the missing transactions? And how do I avoid this kind of error in the future? This is a bank account that syncs automatically with Quicken. Thanks!
    Hello @Jbest

I am sorry to hear about this problem with missing transactions. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

It sounds like it will be necessary to download the older transactions via QFX files by setting up a Web Connect account connection. First, save a backup by navigating to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Then, proceed through the steps listed in this Support Article

I hope that is helpful, and let us know if you have any further questions. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jbest
    Jbest Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared,
    Thanks for the quick response. I just tried downloading a QFX file of the transactions for the missing dates, but it wants to create a new account entirely (or link the transactions to a different account - one that connects manually) and won't integrate the transactions into my existing account. Do I have to do another step first? The support article you sent only covers importing QFX files. I do that for another of my accounts which doesn't support automatic sync, but don't know how to get the QFX files to link with an existing automatic account.
    Thanks!
  • Jbest
    Jbest Member ✭✭
    Options
    Can I manually add the important transactions? They are expenses and I'm okay with not having them appear as part of the appropriate bank account. I just need a record of the expenses. They were e-transfers.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jbest said:
    Hi Jared,
    Thanks for the quick response. I just tried downloading a QFX file of the transactions for the missing dates, but it wants to create a new account entirely (or link the transactions to a different account - one that connects manually) and won't integrate the transactions into my existing account. Do I have to do another step first? The support article you sent only covers importing QFX files. I do that for another of my accounts which doesn't support automatic sync, but don't know how to get the QFX files to link with an existing automatic account.
    Thanks!
    Hello @Jbest,    

I do apologize for any confusion the earlier correspondence may have caused. Thank you for reaching out again for more information.

Adding the transactions manually is an option, although you can also create a new account (after saving a backup) then move the transactions from one account to another by highlighting those you wish to move in the register and then dragging and dropping them into the appropriate account in the Account List in the left-hand panel of the Quicken window.

I hope that makes sense. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jbest
    Jbest Member ✭✭
    Options
    How do I add transactions manually? When I search help for that phrase, nothing comes up.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hello @Jbest,
    Jbest said:
    How do I add transactions manually?
    For instructions on how to add transactions manually, please take a moment to view this Tutorial Video posted on our YouTube channel. Additionally, you can also review this Help Article for written instructions.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.