Scotiabank accounts changing to US when they are Canadian on importing

Options
teevee
teevee Member ✭✭
I have seen numerous posts about this issue, and Quicken keeps blaming Scotiabank. From what I have read in the numerous posts, this is probably a Quicken error. Why can't we change the currency on the account? Scotiabank sends the correct currency, yet Quicken changes it to US. Not to mention, but I can't change the type of account either from checking to savings.
And it's funny how Quicken keeps closing the discussions on this topic.

When are we going to see a fix!

This has been going on a couple of years now.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

We now have an open Alert on this issue, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hello @teevee,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!
    (CTP-3253)

-Quicken Anja

• PigletWpg
    Options
    I have the same problem with my Scotiabank accounts. The account currency was changed from Canadian to US dollars I believe after an earlier update. Apparently there is no way to change it back. Consequently all my reports are incorrect as the income and expenses all get inflated by the 30% exchange rate! I hope Quicken fixes this problem quickly. Why can’t we just change the currency back to Canadian in the account details drop down box? Seems like a simple solution.
  • McCarthy
    McCarthy Member
    Options
    I am also experiencing this problem with Quicken!! Quicken support blames the bank yet when they set up a test file it is downloaded correctly. We need to see an update to correct this problem now.!
  • Quicken Anja
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

We now have an open Alert on this issue, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• tammyg
    tammyg Member
    Options
    This is not just happening with Scotia Bank - it is happening with Capital One as well.
  • teevee
    teevee Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well at least they now recognize it as a problem. No ETA on fix yet. Before it was all blamed on the bank. Hope they get fixed soon.
  • Ashok1959
    Options
    I have the same issue with Scotiabank accounts. As a new user of Quicken, it is quite frustrating. I was looking for some automation by signing up for this service. Hopefully Quicken resolves this soon.
  • KStu51
    KStu51 Member
    Options
    I'm adding my voice to this as a frustrated new user of Quicken. Syncing with my RBC accounts was no issue, but my Scotiabank accounts are listed as USD. Bugs like this will likely result in my cancelation of the subscription.
This discussion has been closed.