PNC will no longer connect (QMAC)

Options
124»

Answers

• Judijohnson
    Options
    > @QknF said:
    > There was an error rendering this rich post.> @"Ttaylortess " said:
    > > Just chatted with both quicken and pnc. Basically pnc is shutting it off during normal hours because they can’t handle the traffic generated by quicken users. They are working on it. Oh, and only got a month added onto my quicken subscription.
    >
    > Does that mean download will work at other times (e.g., after 5 PM PST)? Has anyone here tried this? Not ideal, but better than no functionality at all.

Finally working for me! Using Quicken Mac version.
  • QknF
    QknF Member ✭✭
    Options
    Worked for me too. The only oddity was that several transactions I had edited in Quicken the last time I downloaded came up as uncategorized, and their memos/notes were missing, but not a big deal. I hope the restricted hours don't return.
  • Wonkeysmoker
    Wonkeysmoker Member ✭✭
    Options
    The worst thing is Mint connects fine and that is also owned by Intuit. My subscription expires next week and I really don't want to pay for something that is broken, but i have to pay or i will never know when its is no longer broken. So annoying.
  • Wonkeysmoker
    Wonkeysmoker Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just did an account reset and the accounts synched again.
  • MsBiz
    MsBiz Member
    Options
    HALLELUJAH it's working! My money is on PNC having been hacked. I can't think of any other reason why a major financial institution would have connectivity issues for 8 days. Of course they wouldn't publicize it if they had, they'd issue some vague statements - which is exactly what they've done. I've been with PNC for about 8 years and have survived several connecivity episodes, but nothing of this duration.
  • chasmaniac
    chasmaniac Member ✭✭
    Options
    Downloading transactions from PNC is finally working for me this morning! I followed the same method that had not worked several times before: I re-did the connection, selecting "PNC - Web Connect" rather than the default that came up, "PNC - Direct Connect," then entered my user name and password. In the ensuring popup, for all accounts except my PNC credit card, I had to change from "add" the account to "link" the account, selecting the correct account, and as I did I got warnings about linking to an account that was already linked to (paraphrasing) "another institution, PNC - Direct Connect." I clicked through the warning and my accounts seemed to be properly linked and transactions were downloaded.
  • feobrien
    feobrien Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The disappointing part of all of this is there has not been a single update from Quicken. They didn't even acknowledge the source of the problem (PNC) publicly here. We needed to rely on the users here to tell us to try after 10 p.m. ET and now and now the message that it appears to be working now. Sad
  • famarr
    famarr Member ✭✭
    Options
    PNC download worked as originally intended @ 104pm CDST
  • lmgangi
    lmgangi Member ✭✭
    Options
    PNC Direct Connect and Web Connect are not working for me this morning, web connect was in trouble for about a week and now Direct Connect is failing. Really hope this gets fixed soon.
  • Alec Dann
    Alec Dann Member ✭✭
    Options
    Worked for me this evening. Update initially did not work. Went to edit the account (Download tab) and saw a red tinted area across the top of the page with a prompt to Reconnect. Did that and it worked.
    Took a while to reconnect all my four accounts. Glad to get past this one.
  • ToGo109
    ToGo109 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    RE: recent errors received downloading PNC credit card transactions.  Today I was able to restore a Quicken Connect link for my PNC credit cards.  When asked for what institution to use, I chose "PNC Card Services Online".  The downloads worked after following the cues provided.
  • Fleegle61
    Fleegle61 Member ✭✭
    Options
    And just like that.....all is well in the world again and no one has any stinkin idea how or why....I tried yesterday and it worked with no issues so the restrictions surely have been rescinded.
  • feobrien
    feobrien Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    And yet the update link that is supposed to keep us informed states:

ONGOING 8/15/22

Our teams continue to investigate and work towards a solution for this issue. An ETA is not available at this time. Thank you for your continued patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Jasmine

Wow, we pay for this type of service. Very disappointing
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @feobrien PNC's tech team would need to notify Intuit, who would need to verify the status and then notify Quicken's tech team, who would need to notify the site moderators to update the post. That just doesn't happen instantly in real time. Additionally, it's possible PNC is trying out their new server process to see if they have any problems before they notify Intuit/Quicken that the problem is resolved. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • feobrien
    feobrien Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @jacobs said:
    > @feobrien PNC's tech team would need to notify Intuit, who would need to verify the status and then notify Quicken's tech team, who would need to notify the site moderators to update the post. That just doesn't happen instantly in real time. Additionally, it's possible PNC is trying out their new server process to see if they have any problems before they notify Intuit/Quicken that the problem is resolved. 

While I do not disagree with the potential complexities of the communication chain, the last updated message indicated that Quicken was working with the service provider (PNC) so they are in direct communication. However it has been working for seven days now and no update. Quicken never even confirmed the interim solution of updating after 10 pm. Also in this day and age of ticket tracking this should all be linked automatically to avoid the complex chain you described. Even the HOA I live in has better tracking. I am notified when I file a ticket, I get another notification when it has been assigned to the appropriate contractor, I then receive an update of when the contractor will arrive and finally I am notified when it has been repaired. Quicken should really have a better tracking system.
  • Randy Bess
    Randy Bess Member
    Options
    This issue is reportedly solved. Is there something else I need to do other than my normal update because I'm still getting error cc-505? My last download was 8/5/22.
  • Robroy7
    Robroy7 Member
    Options
    I connect to PNC but nothing is downloaded. Original connection only shows balance but any further connections or updates there is nothing downloaded. I called PNC and they say it is a Quicken problem.
    Anything else I can do?
  • PJ&lmr
    PJ&lmr Member
    Options
    Spent hours going round with Quicken and PNC bank, Web connect downloads but cannot pay bills online with this. Direct Connect will not download at all. PNC says its a quicken problem. When will this problem be solved. Very frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.