PNC will no longer connect (QMAC)

Options

Answers

• QknF
    QknF Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just spoke to a PNC representative. He said PNC's technical team is aware of the issue and is working to investigate it. Not surprisingly, he was unable to say whether PNC had engaged with Quicken's technical support people or when this might be resolved, but at least they know.
  • EKNAPP
    EKNAPP Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm just frustrated that it appears this issue has been ongoing now since as early as 8/3 yet it is just now being addressed. Even on Sunday when I contacted Quicken support I was told there was no known issue and I had to wait until Monday to speak with the escalation department to find out more. Today, now I see all of this activity and posts from Quicken saying they are aware of it. Seems to me that they should have been aware of it a while ago. Oh well - looks like we will be waiting for a bit to see what they figure out. :(
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @EKNAPP The thing to understand is that front line support representatives at both Quicken and a financial institution often don't have complete information about gory technical details being worked on many layers away from them. While the Quicken Support representative you spoke with Sunday said he had no information about it, other users have reported in some of the other threads about the PNC outage that they got confirmation on Friday that Quicken (And its partner Intuit) were aware of the issue and awaiting PNC completing its maintenance. Others have posted about their calls to PNC support, some of which the rep didn't know about it and some of which they knew about it and gave an ETA for a fix (sometime this week). So, no, it isn't just on the radar today; PNC and Quicken were aware of this last week.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @draimist,

Yes, the alert previously posted is for the same error that you are receiving with your PNC accounts.

I hope that clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Steeler Country
    Options
    Still no resolution on this issue???? Any updates
  • RichnDC
    RichnDC Member ✭✭
    Options
    I’m having increasing frequency of problems of this nature with Quicken. Surely it’s all about security and that is probably to one’s benefit. But at what point does it become useless as a tool? I feel we are gettin there.
  • jacobs
    Options
    Several users have posted in other threads that PNC says external connectivity will be working sometime this week.It's a PNC issue, so Quicken can't resolve it until PNC does. Quicken has acknowledged it; what more do you want them to do?

Believe me, I understand the frustration! But when banks do updates to their websites/external server systems/security systems, these kinds of outages happen. I'm sure Quicken would wish to avoid outages, or have them for only an hour or a day at a time, but they're at the mercy of the financial institutions, and then in many cases for their connectivity provider, Intuit, to make changes to play catch-up. 
  • dthomas.1
    dthomas.1 Member
    Options
    I am suspicious of some problem in the update packages for Quicken for Mac interacting with Apple IOS updates badly. This has been going on for several months but less of an issue in recent times until this one. I sent logs to Apple several times during this mess and thought they had things sorted out as it hadn't happened for a couple weeks until this weekend. The PNC blocking Intuit is a new trouble message for me.

I have mine set up to update regularly and for the past several months an update of the MAC IOS usually done on Thursday has led to about two days of no connectivity to Quicken for MAC. It seems that the combination has created problems.

If I am patient it seemed to fix itself after a couple days. Doing a download of the update package would lock up my MAC and grind away at loading for as much as 24 hours. Eventually it would recover. By the way when that happened ALL loading was affected - even to loading the home page. Later hiccups were easier and didn't last that long.

I hope this one gets fixed soon!~!!
  • dthomas.1
    dthomas.1 Member
    Options
    NOW THIS IS ReALLY INTERESTING. Just after posting my comment above, I reopened Quicken for an update and it worked!!!

LUCKY OR MIRACLE????
  • jacobs
    Options
    @dthomas.1@icloud.com I'm not sure I fully understand what you're describing, and it doesn't match any other reports I've seen here — but it doesn't have anything to do with the PNC issue. PNC made changes which involved cutting off Quicken's access; we don't know whether things are waiting for PNC to finish their work or for Intuit to complete changes on their end to work with PNC's changes, but it's definitely a back-end, server-based issue, not something related to the Quicken desktop app or macOS. My suggestion would be to start a new topic here the next time you're having the problems you describe following a macOS update or Quicken update.
  • augiboy
    augiboy Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just relogged into my PNC web connect accounts. All my accounts seem to be working again.
  • SMulvay
    SMulvay Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Trying to use Direct Connect, which has worked up through this past weekend with my Bank, PNC. Getting an error message that PNC is blocking Intuit during certain hours (although it appears to be constant even outside of those hours). Contacted PNC but they advise that they are not blocking and/or there doesn't appear to be anything with my account. Not quite sure what to do here...
  • Steeler Country
    Options
    I do not have a problem downloading my investment accounts(different organization) into Quicken. The issue continues to be between PNC and Quicken......come on guys, you two should be able to rectify this situation once and for all........
  • augiboy
    augiboy Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    This is a totally frustrating situation. Earlier today my web connect to PNC was working. Now it has stopped working again. The PNC blocked hours that show up in the error seem to be meaningless.
  • draimist
    draimist Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still no resolution! Wow!
  • draimist
    draimist Member ✭✭
    Options
    For anyone who hasn't seen this yet - https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7917478/new-8-8-22-pnc-bank-web-connect-cc-505-105/p1?new=1

They are aware, but slow to fix.
  • draimist
    draimist Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just FYI, it ONLY IMPACTS my line of credit and car load account. All our checking and savings accounts continue to fully work. Interesting
  • teryg
    teryg Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Spotteddog said:
    > I looked at the PNC Quicken Enrollment listed on their website. Isn't that strange? Why wouldn't PNC notify people ahead of time about this change? I'm all for security, but this is going overboard. Did anyone try it yet? Seems like you would have to have a password, 2FA, and a code. Three things to get into my account. 

This is for Direct Connect. On my Mac, the option I have is Quicken Connect, not Direct Connect. Quicken Connect worked until recently. It also worked briefly last night or this morning, but is now giving me the same error again. I tried logging out and back in, which did not work this time. I don't know that I want to request Direct Connect if that replaces Quicken Connect unless they don't fix Quicken Connect.
  • Steeler Country
    Options
    Just tried every "trick" to reconnect with Quicken thru my PNC personal accounts with no luck. Plan to visit one of the PNC branches to investigate options for resolving our problems...perhaps PNC is not interested in servicing the Quicken software although I have been using this feature for close to 10 years...there have been numerous upgrades to Quicken for Mac and now wondering if any of these enhancements is contributing to the problem
  • donniccolo
    donniccolo Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Tomorrow as in 8/12/22?!

> @feobrien said:
    > > @meckert said:
    > > It happens that I contacted [Removed - 3rd-Party Software] on this same issue. Their response below has some relevance:
    > > "We recently received communication from PNC bank that they are experiencing some stability issues with their production environment. In an effort to resolve this issue, PNC bank has temporarily disabled access for 3rd party aggregators. The good news is that PNC expects to restore access by tomorrow, so your account should start updating normally very soon."
    >
    > Thanks for sharing some potentially good news, However, "tomorrow" has come and gone and it is still not working for me.
  • Ttaylortess
    Ttaylortess Member ✭✭
    Options
    Me too😡
  • jacobs
    Options
    @mjferrante71 @jschiren Are you complaining to PNC? Its their outage, so asking Quicen to fix it is barking up the wrong tree.
  • QGBF
    QGBF Member
    Options
    Regarding current issue with PNC, FDP-105, Ticket #9636659, Quicken's support response has been lackluster and disappointing.
  • edgartx
    edgartx Member
    Options
    This is a nightmare. I have been getting the same error since August 6. I am running Quicken on Mac and this the error:
    Download Error (-28) FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE:FDP-A05:URL. PNC is blocking Intuit between 4 AM PST - 5 PM PST.
    Intuit should tell us if the issue is with PNC or with them. If it is with them, they need to fix it ASAP.
  • QknF
    QknF Member ✭✭
    Options
    Spoke to Quicken support this AM. They said this is PNC's problem, but I've heard no word from PNC. I just messaged PNC's Twitter account.
  • teryg
    teryg Member ✭✭
    Options
    Even if the problem is PNC and Intuit can do nothing other than talk to PNC about it, good customer service would be Quicken talking to PNC on a daily basis and reporting back to Quicken customers. We'd at least know they're still paying attention, rather than users having to report that.
  • Steeler Country
    Options
    Hope your are correct the Quicken/Intuit is the problem, so what do they plan to do about it? a great deal of "buck passing" is going on here...
  • Ttaylortess
    Ttaylortess Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just chatted with both quicken and pnc. Basically pnc is shutting it off during normal hours because they can’t handle the traffic generated by quicken users. They are working on it. Oh, and only got a month added onto my quicken subscription.
  • rdclawn
    rdclawn Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Profanity/Windows]
  • scott.mccoy75
    scott.mccoy75 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    > @Ttaylortess said:
    > Just chatted with both quicken and pnc. Basically pnc is shutting it off during normal hours because they can’t handle the traffic generated by quicken users. They are working on it. Oh, and only got a month added onto my quicken subscription.

I can confirm that as well. The current error I get during the day is that PNC is blocking Intuit between 5am PST and 5pm PST.

While I feel Quicken could do a much better job communicating the issue other than they have no updates at this time, I do empathize with Quicken when financial institutions make unannounced authentication changes or have down time.
This discussion has been closed.