Download error OL 297-A, can't delete and re-add accounts to online sync

marsanyi
marsanyi Quicken Windows Subscription Member
4 of 10 of my accounts no longer download (most as of June). I note that they're all of type "Direct Connect", while the ones that work are "Express Web Connect".

In attempting to correct this, I've disconnected one of the accounts and attempted to reconnect it. Quicken asks for the institution, provides a list of matching ones. I select the correct institution, and Quicken attempts to "get information for" that institution. After spinning for a bit, it fails and suggests I set up the account as a "manual" account.

I've tried various suggestions I've seen regarding firewalls, VPNs and other network impediments, to no avail. I've set up a test Quicken file with nothing in it, and attempted to create an account with Bank of America, and I see the same failure.

Suggestions for re-enabling sync for these accounts?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @marsanyi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error OL-297.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• marsanyi
    Afraid not. At this point, I have several issues, perhaps unrelated:

- error OL-297-A with several of my institutional downloads;
    - unable to set up new account; the dialog fails to "find" the institution, and wants to set up the account "manually";
    - and today, a completely blank dialog box that would not allow shutting off.

I might be fast approaching the end of my multi-decade run as a Quicken user; it's of very little use to me if I can't download transactions.
  • marsanyi
    resolved. Refer to https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7919988/virtualbox-quicken-for-windows-cant-add-new-account
This discussion has been closed.