How to stop duplicating downloaded transactions since 42.18?

Options
atxz06
atxz06 Member
Wells Fargo (checking, savings, cc), Amex, Citi downloads the same transactions as new each time I sync accounts whether they exist in my ledger or not. I can keep the existing transaction or keep the newly downloaded transaction (with a Downloaded ID) and sync again... and they keep coming back.

Capital One, Schwab, Chase accounts do not.

I've run a repair on the file and it hasn't helped. Currently on 42.21 and the problem still persists.

Tired of deleting transactions for a couple months now. I submitted a ticket via the tool a few weeks ago and no response.

Thanks

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    atxz06 said:
    Wells Fargo (checking, savings, cc), Amex, Citi downloads the same transactions as new each time I sync accounts whether they exist in my ledger or not. I can keep the existing transaction or keep the newly downloaded transaction (with a Downloaded ID) and sync again... and they keep coming back.

Capital One, Schwab, Chase accounts do not.

I've run a repair on the file and it hasn't helped. Currently on 42.21 and the problem still persists.

Tired of deleting transactions for a couple months now. I submitted a ticket via the tool a few weeks ago and no response.

Thanks
    Hello @atxz06

I am sorry to hear about these issues with duplicate transactions. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch, click Next
    4. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location, click Next
    5. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web, click Next 

You may then add American Express, Wells Fargo, and Citi affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this test data file.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • atxz06
    atxz06 Member
    Options
    I only tested WF, but starting from scratch doesn't seem to have the same problem. So, I guess 42.18 corrupted my file in some way. I'll look to start over.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hello @atxz06,

Thank you for attempting the test file. 

Next, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "rediscover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please make sure to switch back to your main file first!
    1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• atxz06
    atxz06 Member
    Options
    this seemed to work for citi. I deactivated 2 of my 3 WF accounts (avoided main checking due to the warning around bill pay) and those (all 3) seem to have fixed themselves as well. looks like I'm good. thank you
  • atxz06
    atxz06 Member
    Options
    I take it back, I thought it fixed my issue but all it has done is stopped syncing all of my accounts. I've since disconnected all WF accounts per instructions above and reconnected them. But now nothing syncs. Any thoughts?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @atxz06,

I do apologize that you are still experiencing issues with your Wells Fargo accounts.

What occurs when attempting to sync your accounts? Do you receive any error messages or codes?

I am looking forward to hearing your response so we may work towards a resolution.

-Quicken Jasmine

• atxz06
    atxz06 Member
    Options
    I did a reset and now it is back to downloading duplicates. Each time I sync, it will download the same transactions again.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @atxz06,

Thank you for providing more information. 

Next, I suggest signing out and back into

your data file to see if this will help to resolve the errors that you are experiencing. Please follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• atxz06
    atxz06 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it behaves the same. I logged out, logged back in, exited quicken, restarted, it took quite a while to sync and load transactions and then the same duplicates are downloaded that I need to delete.

Is the Downloaded ID supposed to persist in my quicken file between bank syncs? Because they don't. They are only present when downloaded in that session.
This discussion has been closed.