R42.21 problem after update

Options
RichinMO
RichinMO Member
Since updating to Quicken Deluxe R42.21, it doesn't run. Opens very slowly, then sometimes asks for my file password, sometimes does not.

I have opened the data file on a different (Widows 10 Pro) computer with the R42.21 so I assume it is not corrupt...

Any help or advise?

Device name Laptop-ASUS-Rich
Processor AMD A6-9225 RADEON R4, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G 2.60 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.88 GB usable)
Device ID -
Product ID -
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎8/‎14/‎2020
OS build 19043.1826
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Recommend you add more RAM to your computer. 4 GB RAM is just not enough to run Windows 10 plus Quicken plus other applications. Upgrade to 8 GB or more, if possible.
    I recently upgraded an abysmally slow Windows 8.1 system from 4 to 8 GB RAM and it's now running like traffic on the freeway outside of rush hour.
    Quicken also has "gained weight" over the last few release updates, requiring a lot more RAM to work. This plus the lack of available RAM could be what's driving your computer over the edge.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @RichinMO

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing these issues with your Quicken application. 

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• RichinMO
    RichinMO Member
    Options
    While searching for solutions I noticed Windows needed updating. After doing so, I tried again to install quicken, but it failed again. I then removed quicken AND deleted the folder and reinstalled.
    Then IT WORKED! (very slowly)
    Thank you Quicken Jasmine!

I will also try to add memory as recommended by UKR. Thank you UKR!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @RichinMO

Thank you for updating us! 

I am happy to hear that we were able to reach a resolution!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.