Downloaded transfers autofill category with register account?

DLS
DLS Member ✭✭
Download auto fills transfers with category with the register account (posts to itself). Can I stop this, prefer to have it left blank/uncategorized as it did in the past, then it shows on the dashboard and easy to correctly classify the transaction.
Thanks Deb

Answers

• Hello @DLS

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question!

Unfortunately, when there is no way to unlink the 2 transactions by changing the category field without losing one. The only way to revert this would be to restore a backup that was saved prior to the issue occurring, or by manually correcting them in your current file which would include manually re-entering the lost transaction after a category change.

However, you can prevent this issue from reoccurring going forward by changing your Transfer Detection settings. To do so, you would navigate to Edit > Preferences > Transfer Detection (see example below).

You can either leave the checkbox for "Scan downloaded transactions for possible transfers" checked and select the option to "Confirm possible transfers before entering in register", or you can turn transfer detection completely off by unchecking the top checkbox.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• DLS
    DLS Member ✭✭
    Thank you Jasmine works for me! Deb
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In case you have issues with transfer transactions not being generated correctly from downloaded transactions:

For best results manually enter transfer transactions into your register BEFORE you download transactions from the bank which contain the transfer confirmations. For recurring transfers use scheduled reminders and enter them a day or two before the due date. Be sure to use distinct Payee Names for each transfer / credit card payment to avoid confusing Quicken - memorized payee entries.
    That takes the guesswork out of the download process. Because a correctly entered, correctly linked and categorized transfer transaction already exists in your account registers, Quicken should just match the downloaded transfer transaction to the existing one in both accounts.

• Hello @DLS

I am glad to hear that we were able to reach a resolution!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.