Caesars Rewards Credit Account (Comenity Bank) not working

eeh0615
eeh0615 Member ✭✭
Downloads not working, have to manually enter transactions since no Quicken export option from the bank. I have reported the problem as requested

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited August 2022
    [Removed - Mac Instructions] 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• eeh0615
    eeh0615 Member ✭✭
    Jasmine,

I am on version R42.21

I tried the deactivating the account and that did not work. What is strange is that I have another account at the bank and that account works fine.

I had trouble following the troubleshooting instructions. I found 1 other account that was hidden showing Caesars rewards credit card. I then went to the account register for this hidden account that I unhid but did not have a setting gear in the bottom right of the screen, it was top right. I also did not find disconnect account in that setting gear.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    eeh0615 said:
    Jasmine,

I am on version R42.21

I tried the deactivating the account and that did not work. What is strange is that I have another account at the bank and that account works fine.

I had trouble following the troubleshooting instructions. I found 1 other account that was hidden showing Caesars rewards credit card. I then went to the account register for this hidden account that I unhid but did not have a setting gear in the bottom right of the screen, it was top right. I also did not find disconnect account in that setting gear.
    Hello @eeh0615,       

Thanks for reaching out again and letting us know more about the situation. I apologize for any confusion caused by the earlier instructions; this thread had to be relocated to the appropriate Windows category. 

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the steps as follows: 

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
    I am eager to hear about whether or not the issues persist after these steps have been utilized. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • eeh0615
    eeh0615 Member ✭✭
    Thank you, I did the steps as outlined and it did not pick up the two transactions still outstanding. I will use the card again (stopped using since the download wasn't working) to see if it picks up the new transactions and will let you know.
  • eeh0615
    eeh0615 Member ✭✭
    I had 3 accounts with Caesars, 1 was inactivate but I deactivated it and removed the financial information and account/routing fields as directed. The other two were active accounts and I did the same but these two accounts I added (tools - add account) after deactivating removing financial info & acct/routing. I linked them to the appropriate accounts in Quicken and did an update and no transactions were downloaded.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    eeh0615 said:
    I had 3 accounts with Caesars, 1 was inactivate but I deactivated it and removed the financial information and account/routing fields as directed. The other two were active accounts and I did the same but these two accounts I added (tools - add account) after deactivating removing financial info & acct/routing. I linked them to the appropriate accounts in Quicken and did an update and no transactions were downloaded.
    Hello @eeh0615

Thanks so much for getting back to me about your results, although I am sorry about this issue with missing transactions remaining. 

First, make sure that there are no active filters hiding the transactions in the register(s). Click the green Reset button just above the register, itself, whenever it appears in order to do this (if it is missing, no filter should be active). You may also try clicking on the box containing the word Date above the associated column within the register, so that the nearby triangular arrow changes directions. This will adjust the sorting order so that we may see transactions that are obscured in the history by unexpected sort ordering. 

Also, are any of the transactions over 90 days old, or 'pending' on your bank's online transaction history? If so, transactions fulfilling these criteria generally do not download automatically. Also, note that transactions that have been deleted from Quicken before - after being downloaded - do not download again, and must be entered manually. 

I hope to hear back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.