American Express no longer shows "You have tasks to perform in this account"

Options
Paul Roques
Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭
American Express no longer shows "You have tasks to perform in this account" (blue dot) after there are new transactions downloaded during One Step Update.

This seems to have started happening after the most recent AMEX error was resolved by Quicken.

Also note that since this issue started and you try to reconcile the account, the "Cleared Balance" does not match the "Statement Ending Balance" until after OSU is performed the next day. In the past you were always able to reconcile (and amounts matched) immediately after OSU was performed...this now only happens with the American Express account while all other accounts reconcile just fine.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Paul Roques,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing these issues with your American Express account(s).

The message "You have tasks to perform" usually indicates that you have checks to print in a checking account, however, American Express is a credit card so you should not have been receiving that message to begin with.

As for the issue regarding your balances and One Step Update, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hi Jasmine,

I understand what you are saying about checks but I don't print or use any checks so I probably should have been more specific...the "You have tasks to perform" message is what shows when you hover the cursor over the blue dot that appears just to the left of all accounts, in the accounts list at the left side of the screen, which have downloaded any transactions during OSU. That has always been the case and still remains true for all other accounts that have cleared items downloaded during the OSU...except now not for AMEX.

I'll go ahead and validate to see what happens tomorrow as I believe that there will be some additional OSU downloads for that account...I'll let you know on the results.

Thanks,
    Paul
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Paul Roques,

I understand now and I do apologize for the miscommunication. 

Please check back in after performing the validate/super validate functions and let me know how it goes so we may continue further troubleshooting if necessary. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Paul Roques,

Please check back in after performing the validate/super validate functions and let me know how it goes so we may continue further troubleshooting if necessary. 

Hi Jasmine,

Looks like the "validate" function did the trick...blue dot is back and the reconcile works flawlessly.

You're the best!  :)

Paul
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Paul Roques,

I am happy to hear that we were able to reach a resolution!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jasmine,

Looks like the blue "You have tasks to perform" dot has once again disappeared and again it's only on the American Express account.

Reconcile still works just fine...tried "validate", which is what fixed both the reconcile and the blue dot issue, but that didn't help.

Also, in this forum, when I type @ followed by Quicken Jasmine it doesn't show you...just typing the @Quicken I show five other moderators but not your name.

Paul
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Paul Roques,

I am sorry to hear that this error has returned. 

In order to directly tag me or any user/moderator with a space in their username, you will need to use quotation marks. For example: @fake username

Have you attempted the super validate function as well? You may follow the instructions below. Remember to save a backup (just in case).

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.