Yet another CHASE thread - sorry

Options
Bob.
Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
Truly sorry for another thread. I can't find an appropriate thread to post in among the myriad.

I read most of the threads with folks experiences since the email alerting us to make the change and the popup in Quicken, both with little to no instructions what to do. I had such high hopes for the folks that posted the AHA!, deactivate then add new, authorize, link. Well, that does not work!!

Here is what I did:

1.     Unlinked my Chase Online Bills
  2.     Deleted my Chase Online Bills
  3.     Went to each Chase CC account and deactivated.
  4.     Went to add accounts, CHASE and the dialog to authorize and transferred to CHase in a browser.
  5.     Did ALL the steps and after agreeing the browser screen went blank.
  6.     Back in Quicken, message that the authorization failed. Try again. So I did.
  7.     Thinking it was a browser issue, I used a different browser.
  8.     Exactly the same results.
  9.     Chase did show me three accounts. I have only two, one was closed years ago. I tried just checking the two live accounts and then trying all including the closed. Same results. Nothing in the browser, failed at Quicken.

Can ANYONE help me at this point?
Should I try changing connection method?

Thanks.

Comments

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Changing connection method freezes Quicken.
    Just off the phone with Chase seeing of they could help. They transferred me 4 times. Says to contact Intuit. I tried to tell them that Intuit has nothing to do with Quicken and they would not accept that. Says Chase does not do EWC+, I must be thinking of a different financial institution.
    HAH!
    I think I should start dealing in cash. Incredibly frustrating.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What surprises me the most is some folks have this working yet I somehow do not.
  • Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry to hear your having all these problems with the change over. One of reasons I haven't tried yet. If it aint broke, don't fix it. I have been using Chase Direct Connect with bank bill pay for years. I'm not changing anything until it stops working. Then I'll probably change banks if bank bill pay goes away.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Dennis. If it wasn;t for my United and Amazon cards being Chase. I would have left.

Chase help on Twitter said I have to call in again. Nothing they could do. But at least they knew changes afoot.

So frustrating....
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Dennis@1 said:
    Sorry to hear your having all these problems with the change over. One of reasons I haven't tried yet. If it aint broke, don't fix it. I have been using Chase Direct Connect with bank bill pay for years. I'm not changing anything until it stops working. Then I'll probably change banks if bank bill pay goes away.
    Same here, and yes bank bill pay is going away.  It can only be supported on Direct Connect.

For me, when Direct Connect goes away at Chase, it will be Quicken that is dropped.

P.S. You might be interested in this:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7917784/chase-has-crossed-the-point-of-no-return-for-direct-connect-non-investment-accounts

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Decided to poke around the Chase site today to see what they had to say about these changes:
    Found that interesting as Direct Connect still works from the initial authorization years ago.

This is just WRONG information. The "AccountSafe" does not exist.

First real message :) Ponting the finger to Quicken for the next move.
    As someone mentioned, it might be helpful to have this reset if things do not work to authenticate and authorize from Quicken. So, if this helps:
    Cannot do this yourself.
    All I learned today.
    PS: Paypal IS EWC+ for me, so that works in Quicken. Good to know - I think.

This discussion has been closed.