Online Balances Not Updating

Options
NabrLdy
NabrLdy Member ✭✭
Transactions are downloading in Web Connect but the online balance doesn't download, so when you go to reconcile it is off. My current fix is to sign onto the account on the web and download a days of transactions so that I can get the correct online balance to reconcile

Answers

• chuck2810
    chuck2810 Member ✭✭
    Options
    same here
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AFAIK, the Online Balance of an account is NOT part of a Web Connect (QFX) file download.
    You need to consistently run One Step Update at regular intervals in order to get the last batch of transactions and last night's Online Balance downloaded from the bank.
  • OCpaperboy
    Options
    The "Online Balance" was working just fine until a few months ago. I have some accounts that are working and showing the 'online balance' and some that show ZERO. Explain please ?????
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The "Online Balance" was working just fine until a few months ago. I have some accounts that are working and showing the 'online balance' and some that show ZERO. Explain please ?????

Please start a separate NEW DISCUSSION and give us all the pertinent details, including your exact version, edition level and release of Quicken. US or Canadian version? Windows or Mac?
    Which banks are you having this problem with?
    This makes it possible for us to try and provide solutions to your specific problem. We like to keep discussions to one customer's specific problem, even if yours is very similar. Trying to answer several customers' problems in one discussion just confuses everybody.

• Richard Teitelman
    Options
    same for me. latest version of Quicken for Windows. With Chase Bank.
    Here's an example, I did a one-step update this morning and it dowloaded three transactions. I did an "accept all" and it marked them cleared BUT said my balance was off by 413.63 which was the amount of one single pending transaction with Chase. So chase is reporting to Quicken that pending transaction as part of my available balance and makes Quicken quicken think something is wrong in my register and forces me to a balance adjustment (which if I decline, it never marks the downloaded transactions as Reconciled). I called Chase and they said that's the way they've always done it. I'm doubtful but thats what they said. Anybody else have that same issue with Chase? What can be done?
  • Richard Teitelman
    Options
    In my previous comment I should have said Quicken Deluxe, 43.14, latest build.
  • Richard Teitelman
    Options
    Never mind. I see this issue described by a Quicken admin in "ONGOING 9/1/22 Chase Online Balance including Pending Transactions"
  • NabrLdy
    NabrLdy Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am still having issues. No sense of doing one step updates if the online balance doesn't also come through. I am having to log into the Credit union and download the current balance so that I can reconcile with the downloaded transactions from the one step update. :s :s
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NabrLdy said:
    I am still having issues. No sense of doing one step updates if the online balance doesn't also come through. I am having to log into the Credit union and download the current balance so that I can reconcile with the downloaded transactions from the one step update. :s:s

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NabrLdy said:
    I am still having issues. No sense of doing one step updates if the online balance doesn't also come through. I am having to log into the Credit union and download the current balance so that I can reconcile with the downloaded transactions from the one step update. :s:s
    I don't get that.  Yes, the online balance is needed for doing a reconcile to it, but the main advantage of doing an One Step Update is to get the transactions, not the online balance.  One can always reconcile to the "statement balance", which in fact can just be the balance you see when on the financial institution's web site.  Having the online balance is a nice feature, but certainly isn't the main reason for doing One Step Update.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.