Incorrect Flagging Of Accounts

Options
ocfootballknut
ocfootballknut Member ✭✭
I've seen other discussions about accounts being flagged (after One Step Update) as if they had transactions but they don't. All of the discussions seem to be closed, but with no resolution. The suggested articles / fixes don't apply to me. I've been using Quicken for decades and don't do any of the "automatic" downloading or "filtering" that supposedly might cause this problem. And it isn't just my Citibank accounts. So what's the solution?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @ocfootballknut,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If the instructions found in this support article fail to resolve the issue for you, then we advise that you please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ocfootballknut
    ocfootballknut Member ✭✭
    Options
    As I thought I had indicated in my question, I had already tried (where applicable) the solutions in the support articles. I guess the next time it happens (probably today) I will need to escalate.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    More than likely, if the Support articles don't apply, you are seeing Quicken's protracted experiment in the background with trying to download pending transactions. While annoying, it is harmless.
  • ocfootballknut
    ocfootballknut Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. I had read something about Quicken working on that and that this might be an annoying result. You're correct, it's more of a nuisance than anything. Appreciate the feedback.
  • ocfootballknut
    ocfootballknut Member ✭✭
    Options
    Update: Tonight this happened with four accounts (3 at Citibank and one at another bank). In all four cases there are "pending transactions" shown when you log directly into their respective banking systems. Clearly that's what the issue is. I assume they'll eventually solve the problem. Frankly, there are so many pending transactions that go away (restaurant charges before the tip is added, deposits at gas pumps, deposits at hotels, deposits on car rentals, etc.), I really don't want them downloaded for review.
This discussion has been closed.