Alliant Credit Union Error

Options
neil154
neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
I have 2 accounts at Alliant Credit Union (checking and savings) and my wife has a saving account there.  Her downloads into the account are working fine.  My accounts are not.

I have deactivated the accounts and then added them back into Quicken.  When they are added Quicken shows the proper accounts and shows that they were successfully added but the next time I do an update I get a CC-800 error (see below).

How do I fix this issue?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @neil154,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Have you already followed the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-800 exactly as they are written? Please confirm before moving forward with further troubleshooting.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yes, the instructions say to deactivate and reactivate and i did that
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for following up.

In that case, then next, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution once more, then force Quicken to "rediscover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. We do recommend saving a backup first (just in case). Then please, follow the instructions below.
    1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I followed your instructions (even deleted wife's account ) and then reactivated my 2 accounts and her 1 account but still have the exact same error meesage.  When I reactivated and then told quicken to link to the account it said it was successful
  • Quicken Anja
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Thank you for following up, though I'm sorry to hear that you still receive the error.

In that case, I recommend that you please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit. However, please note that our escalation teams are closed on weekends so if an escalation is needed, then it would be best to reach out Monday through Friday.

I apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.