Why has my U S Bank REI Mastercard not been able to download data since early June?

Options
Eden504
Eden504 Unconfirmed, Member
I have used Quicken for Windows for years and my main credit card has always been my REI Mastercard through U S Bank. My last successful download (Update) was June 11th, 2022. What's going on?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Eden504,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your US Bank Mastercard. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the US Bank Mastercard account(s) to see if it produces the same issue with transactions not downloading. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    REI transitioned from US Bank to Capital One about a week ago.  But this does not explain your issue since June.
    So most likely you need to do a similar switch in your Quicken setup.  I suggest that do a search on REI within this community to see how others have managed the transition in Quicken.
    My guess is that you need to deactivate your existing setup in Quicken and reactivate it by connecting it to Capital One.  You may have to establish an online account with Capital One first.  I don't have an REI card so my comments are solely based on reading those posts.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• justanothercog
    justanothercog Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    You have to set up a Capital One account first. You can do that by going to www.reimastercard.com From that screen you'll see a "Manage your card" link next to the "Apply Now" button. That will pop up a new window. Select the "Set up my account" button, then complete all the requested information. Once you have your Capital One account set up and linked to your REI Mastercard card number, go back to Quicken and disable Online Services for that Mastercard account that was linked to US Bank. Exit out of that setup window. After exiting, go back to the same "Online Services" window for that account and "Activate" it. You should now get a list of known banks, with Capital One showing in the initial listing. Select that and enter the user name/password you set up at Capital One. You'll get a new Quicken window that pops up that has Capital One's "third party authorization" request. Activate that and then go back to Quicken. You should now have a new account/relink window that let's you link back to your existing Quicken REI Mastercard account. Worked great for me. No major issues.
This discussion has been closed.