Wisely Cash Card constantly losing ability to update account (CC-506 error)

Options
bigby65@
bigby65@ Member ✭✭✭
I am lucky if I can get Quicken to update my Wisely Cash Card accounts more than 10 days a month. It will update correctly (at least updating my balances) for several days in a row, then suddenly it brings up the CC-506 error code which will continue for several more days. Then mysteriously the updates resume. Why is this happening so often?

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @bigby65@

It is difficult to determine why you are seeing this behavior, especially because it is so sporadic.  I suggest that you review the information on the CC-506 error code that's located at this LINK and consider following it the next time you receive the error.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The CC-506 error means that the downloaded account name differs from the one stored in your Quicken data file. This could happen if the account name or nickname was changed by the bank (or by you on the bank's website) and now doesn't match the stored value. This could also happen if the account name contains invalid characters like ™ © ® or other characters not accepted by Quicken.
    Look on the bank's website to see if any of the above might be the cause.
    OTOH, if you know how to look through the OFXlog log file, searching from the bottom of the file backwards, you might be able to find the cause.

If you need help doing that, call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• bigby65@
    bigby65@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Frankx said:
    > Hi @bigby65@
    >
    > It is difficult to determine why you are seeing this behavior, especially because it is so sporadic.  I suggest that you review the information on the CC-506 error code that's located at this LINK and consider following it the next time you receive the error.
    >
    > Frankx

That worked, but it messed up my balances. I had to enter a "dummy" entry in each account to get the balances to match. This happened the last time I had to relink the accounts as well.
  • bigby65@
    bigby65@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Very next day: SAME ERROR CODE!
  • bigby65@
    bigby65@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Just discovered (since they didn't announce it until earlier today with no prior notice to customers) that the parent bank of Wisely Cash Card (Metabank) is changing their company name. This might be why I'm getting the code so often.
This discussion has been closed.