Failures re-registering with Chase Bank

Options
Bob@45
Bob@45 Member ✭✭✭✭
Is anyone / everyone else having this problem? I'm trying to reconnect my Chase Bank accounts (checking, savings, credit card). The hand-off from Quicken to the Chase website works fine. I select my accounts, and everything seems to be OK until the very end of the process. When it seems Chase is ready to hand its authorization back to Quicken (after I click the button that says "Connect my account(s)", I get an error on the Chase website, "Outage Chase" on the tab header, "We'll be back shortly" as the web page title, and information on how to reach telephone bankers (which obviously won't help with Quicken). Quicken never gets a response from Chase, and I need to Cancel the Add Account process to get back to work. 

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Bob@45,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• idfinkel
    idfinkel Member
    Options
    This particular error won't occur if you deactivate your Chase accounts on the Quicken side AND stop sharing data on the Chase side before you try to reconnect. However, after apparently reconnecting the accounts, the transactions still don't download. The One Step Update results don't list Chase either.
    It's been over a week since this mess started. Quicken, you need to get this sorted out without further delay.
  • Denny43
    Denny43 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Been trying this for weeks. Always get an error message: “It looks like this part of our site isn’t working now. Please try again later.” Not clear on whose sit “our site” is -Quicken or Chase. Regardless, this is NOT working.
  • Songbird
    Options
    I followed the Quicken instructions, which not mention anything about deactivating current accounts with Chase. I have 2 credit card accounts and been downloading from Chase for a long time. When I did as instructed, it created two new accounts, downloaded 90 days of mostly duplicated transactions and added a "category" of "Two New Accounts", which contains the new accounts. Not happy that this implementation and/or the instructions didn't take into consideration that we would have existing accounts and didn't make this seamless/user friendly. Not sure what to do next. I have not accepted the new transactions. Should I delete the new accounts and will the current accounts work?
  • elgatofelix
    elgatofelix Member ✭✭
    Options
    After selecting "One Step Update" as instructed, my Quicken does not show the option "Reauthorize" to click on. Am I OK and already clear with Chase? Mistery
  • Bob@45
    Bob@45 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had a new issue this week. Chase had been working fine for about a month, but then OSU simply stopped working for all web connect institutions. My three direct connects would complete normally, the web connects would launch, and then quickly exit without doing anything. I called Quicken support, and they had me 1) deactivate ALL my Chase accounts, 2) Validate, 3) Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID > Sign in as different user (same account), 4) Tools > Add Account > Chase and reauthorize all my Chase accounts there. That cleared the problem. 
This discussion has been closed.