dc0063 Member ✭✭✭
All of my passwords are gone from the Manager - ALL
Yesterday was fine.
The only change is the new update 43.14

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @dc0063,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Do you have a recent pre-update backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭✭
    Anja, I can do this but before trying, I wanted to update that the program will not accept passwords. It keeps looping from the password manager to the dialog that tells me to enter passwords for the account. This occurs for both individual and groups of accounts.
    I'll await a reply before restoring. And will restore the system backup made prior to the update absent new direction.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up.

Yes, please proceed with restoring a backup that was saved prior to this issue occurring. I would like to see whether or not you experience the same problem in the backup.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭✭
    Anja, I've restored to yesterday 42.21. Password manager available and populated.
    An additional question, why was my file sync'd with the cloud, I've no cloud account approved or ever started.
  • dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭✭
    With the newly restored file, before I begin any actions, have you any things you want to look at?
    denis
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up again. Glad to hear that resolved the problem!

The cloud sync may have turned on upon restoring the backup but feel free to turn that back off. If all looks well in the backup, then you can move forward using the restored file.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭✭
    Anja,
    Having backups certainly helps.
    So is the symptom I experienced unique to me [paranoia] or experienced by others [a fix in the making]?
    Thanks for your assistance.
    denis
  • Quicken Anja
    As far as I know, we have not received any other reports about this in particular yet. It is possible others may experience the same, though we won't know for sure unless more people report it.

Glad I was able to assist! 

-Quicken Anja

• dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭✭
    Anja.
    Additional information, no reply is needed.
    I ran validation both after the problems subsequent to the update and now after recovering the previous dataset. Issues reported after update and before recovery were:
    QDF - Repair data file removing damaged category
    QEL - old file was corrupt and only some recovered

These items disappeared upon recovery of pre update data file.
    Best and thanks.
    denis
This discussion has been closed.