Payment Accounts sync error for Check Pay

maxwelwp
maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
All 5 of my payment accounts previously enabled for Quick Pay/Check Pay generate a Check Pay sync error. Although the repair process returns a "Payment accounts are in sync", payments still cannot be made using check pay. Requires a disable and enable then wait for the micro deposits to be made (2-3 business days) in most cases.

Once an account is setup as a payment account, shouldn't have to disable then re-enable again. I don't use these often, but I expect it to work when I do....

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
Quicken user since 1993

Comments

• markberlind
    markberlind Member ✭✭✭
    This check pay account error sync started for me on Saturday when I updated with the new Quicken release. NONE of the suggested fixes are working, including restarting, using "repair payment account" AND disabling and then re-verifying my payment account. I'm totally stuck, unable to pay any checks.
  • wrnoof
    wrnoof Member ✭✭
    @markberlind I am having the same problem. Disabled and re-verified with the new microdeposit amounts and still get the same error. I have validated my Quicken data file with no reported errors and restarted Quicken. Still no luck. This started in the last 3 or 4 days.
  • markberlind
    markberlind Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, forgot to mention I also did file validation and that had no effect. Quicken support: how are we supposed to use Check Pay when none of the previous fixes are now working since your most recent update Release?
  • wrnoof
    wrnoof Member ✭✭
    Tested Check Pay again today. It failed miserably. :#
  • la2240
    la2240 Member
    Also experiencing same issue "Check Pay account sync error" on latest Windows release R43.14, which I strongly suspect caused the error. Error occurs with both of my two enabled bank accounts. VERY RELUCTANT to disable/reenable bank accounts for micro deposit issue AND great fear of resetting the check number counter (leading to "duplicate check number notices over time until I get back to unused check numbers).
  • maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Probably overdid the Fix on Sync errors and enabled it ALWAYS  :*

Released Notes: Version R43.14
    What's Fixed: 
    • The Save and Rearrange buttons were hidden from the view while Re-arranging accounts on the Account Bar.
    • Paycheck transactions were duplicated after cloud sync.
    • Share balances were rounded to two decimal places in reports even though the preferences were set to show more than two decimal places.
    • The Investment Transaction report showed an additional column without a header.
    • The New Match status did not appear consistently in the account register.
    • Balances were not updated in the checking account when linked to an investment account in Simple Investing mode.

Sync errors in accounts enabled for Check Pay.

• Micro deposit initiation was failing while setting up Quick Pay.
    • The four digits of the year could not be entered while creating a refund.

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and report this issue.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• markberlind
    markberlind Member ✭✭✭
    I did actually do a screen share session on Tuesday, which did not help. The technician eventually tried to check if my bank (Citibank) was the problem, and then told me since there were no other reported problems with that bank that all he could suggest is that I call back in a few days if it's still not working. As of today, it's still not working.
  • wrnoof
    wrnoof Member ✭✭
    @la2240, don't bother disabling/re-enabling your payment accounts. It doesn't help.
    Tested Check Pay again today. Failed again today.
  • markberlind
    markberlind Member ✭✭✭
    Update from my perspective: I called Tech Support yesterday, shared my screen for an hour. They couldn't identify the issue, escalated it and said they "need to coordinate with their outside service providers". No ETA for fixing it was given.
  • On 08/30 I get an email that says the are terminating Bank of America Bill Pay in Quicken on 10/10. Not happy at all but I cannot stop it. I decided to switch to Quicken Bill Manager as the email suggested. As of today, I still CANNOT get Check Pay to work. I am suffering from the same issue as described in this tread. I am very disappointed...I get something taking away that has worked very well for many years and told to replace with something that is clearly broken.
  • pcfabs
    pcfabs Member
    How I fixed Quicken Check Pay Sync Error: I too started receiving his error. I disabled and re-enabled with micro deposits multiple times nothing worked. On 9/8 I went back to a backup that was dated 9/1. When I logged in there was a sync error that asked my to resupply my password and link the two accounts. After doing I received a message that all accounts were linked. I was then able to pay bills again from the two accounts in question. By the way when you are in the Quicken Bill Payment Accounts screen you can select edit rather then disable. At that point you can (re)enable) the account without disabling. When you do this it will tell you if the account is synced or not. I had another backup from 9/3 but that one had the same problem. In the end the backup was only a week old and it wasn't to hard to fix (after days and countless hours trying to fix. You have to restore that backup and save to a file and then rename. I renamed the old file to -bad. I hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.