Error code OL-301-A trying to "One Step Update" with Bank of America

Options
AZ_Dave
AZ_Dave Member
I have Quicken on Windows. Tonight when I started it, it updated to R43.14, Build 27.1.43.14. When it was complete, I tried a One Step Update which worked on every account except for Bank of America which failed and gave me error code OL-301-A.

I read some posts about this and so I validated my data which did appear to find and fix some very old errors. Now my data validates with no errors, but the problem persists.

Then I tried setting up a new empty quicken file for test and adding Bank of America to it, and that worked fine. I can open that test quicken file and the One Step Update for BofA works, so I think there is no point in following the error message advice to contact Bank of America.

I'm not sure what to try next. I have had Quicken and this Bank of America account for a very long time so I have Direct Connect. I am suspicious that this is related to the update.

Thanks

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @AZ_Dave,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with your Bank of America account(s). 

I have located a support article that discusses some troubleshooting steps to take when presented with an OL-301-A error. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps (just in case). 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• AZ_Dave
    AZ_Dave Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link, but this is one of the resources I already used. My system did have an update, but from a very recent revision to the current revision, so I don't think that the "If you have updated from a discontinued version of Quicken" applies to me, however I followed that process anyway just to see if it helped. It didn't.

The "If you have NOT updated from a discontinued version of Quicken" says to contact my financial institution. Since I ran the test described above using a new empty quicken file and it worked fine, I don't see why it makes sense that I contact BofA. If you do think I need to contact BofA, can you explain why the "new empty quicken file" test that worked correctly doesn't vindicate the BofA and point us to look at other options? (I found that test procedure on a different post on this site, and it seems to me that it effectively shows that the BofA side is working correctly.)

Thanks
  • AZ_Dave
    AZ_Dave Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why, but it worked tonight. I will post anything further if I a have related problems depending on what I see. I didn't change anything to make it work, and BofA worked yesterday to the test file, but not my main file. Hmmmm ...

Anyway, thanks for your help
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @AZ_Dave,

I am happy to hear that you were able to download transactions and sync your Bank of America account(s). 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.