Program Freezes When Moving to the Bills Screen

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken Windows serially unresponsive.

Comments

• R Snyder
    R Snyder Member
    Hi..my program hangs up completely if I try to switch back to Bills screen after looking at bank account, I cannot close the program I have to shut down the computer. This started after the last two Quicken updates..how to fix? Thanks.
  • Hello @R Snyder,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing these issues with your Quicken application freezing. 

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ccarolla
    ccarolla Member ✭✭
    i was experiencing the same problem although for me it was just quicken that froze, had even tried reinstalling but that didn't help. the above process worked on the first try.
  • Hello @ccarolla,

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue. 

I am happy to hear that we were able to reach a resolution. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.