Quicken hangs on load and update

Bob6955
Bob6955 Member
Recently Quicken takes a very long time to both load and to initiate a One Step Update. System hangs when this happens. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the application and run all the file validation tools. Is anyone else experiencing this? When I click on Help|Check for updates the system also stalls and displays the message "Unknown Error"

Comments

• Hello @Bob6955,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Quicken Application. 

First, I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.

If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

However, it's important to know that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.