NetXInvestor from Pershing - downloads failing

Options
solostorm
solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
The message simply flashed by that says "An error has occurred" without additional information.  Resetting the account says that it worked - but it didn't.  How to resolve?

Comments

• Paul_G
    Paul_G Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue and I also reset it. Any resolution?
  • bulk@swinton
    bulk@swinton Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    And failing for me also. I called NetXInvestor and they told me to call our broker. Everyone is polite but I haven't gotten any useful advice, yet.
  • vicki67
    vicki67 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have had this problem since Sep 17. This is the response I got. I have not tried it yet though.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20297272#Comment_20297272
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I apologize that you are being affected by these issues with online banking services. Thank you for bringing this matter before the Quicken Community. 

I have some additional questions about what is happening. What 'instance' are you making use of to link your accounts; Pershing LLC, or NetXInvestor? Also, what connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to hearing your answers. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • bulk@swinton
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Instance - Cetera Advisor Networks LLC using NetXInvestor login credentials
    Connection method - Direct Connect

Happy to provide more information as needed. If I create a new Quicken file then I can add the accounts, and download without issue, but that would be a terrible option for me as I would lose a couple of decades of history for other accounts. Jared, there will be a present under the tree at Christmas if you get this solved:)
  • bulk@swinton
    Options
    When I tried to download today, I noticed the error message changed. The error message said an account was not found. It was an old investment account that I had marked hidden. When I deactivated online setup for the old investment account then all of our current accounts downloaded successfully. What a relief. 
  • vicki67
    vicki67 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was using direct connect but deacitivated it and now cannot reactivate it because of this issue. With the Cetera platform change, it appears that the Fin org # changed. I updated for that and still get the 'Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)' message. Someone at Quicken needs to reach out to Cetera Advisors LLC or Pershing LLC to figure out how to get this fixed. NetXInvestor is a Pershing LLC product and Cetera clears through Pershing. Hope this info helps. I am anxiously awaiting a resolution.
  • vicki67
    vicki67 Member ✭✭
    Options
    NetXInvestor is the 'instance' that I use.
  • jamessite
    jamessite Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have no problem signing into the NetXinvestor website for my Cetera account. But like everyone else, I cannot connect on Quicken to Netxinvestor. I get the Its Not Your Fault error. Well it is someone's error and they should fix it.
  • vicki67
    vicki67 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I only have the one netx account. nothing hidden. still not working.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by these issues with online banking services. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

I recommend submitting program log files by navigating to Help > Report a problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen. You may then include a brief description of the issue as well as any available screenshots you may have along with the data logs. Although we will investigate this issue further, we do not have an ETA on a resolution, and you will not receive a response through these submissions, as these are used purely for investigative purposes.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • TA2
    TA2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have 3 NetXinvestor accounts that no longer are connected and Quicken will not allow me to set up. I have sent in a report
  • gpalermo
    gpalermo Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am going to do a Me Too on this...

I can login into the website using the same credentials as those asked by Quicken without an issue and I get the verification questions SMS text from quicken and fill in the correct information and I got and error which first said that i was already logged into the account, which I was using a web browser, I logged out then tried connecting in quicken and I got a generic error AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (ACCOUNT_MISMATCH:FDP-106) and I got an email saying a device tried to log in so it knows I am trying to log in. I also files a report from quicken when it asked with the below information. I remove my personal and account information at the end of the error message it says no account was found but it knew my email address and it sent me an SMS which exists in my online account.

$app_build_number: 609.45401.100
    $app_version_string: 6.9.0
    $model: iMac13,2
    $os_version: 10.14.6
    $screen_height: 1080
    $screen_width: 1920
    aggregator: FDP
    app_bundle_identifier: com.quicken.Quicken
    clientDocumentId: 7523B1C1-04EC-43BA-A86A-AC6CF451A11E
    cloudStatus: 0
    current_appearance: light
    current_version_crash_count: 0
    dataset_creation_date: 2017-09-19 03:41:04 +0000
    dataset_id: 80472359037977344
    dataset_platform: QMAC
    date (EDT): 2022-10-04 23:09:07
    date (GMT): 2022-10-05 03:09:07
    date (PST): 2022-10-04 20:09:07
    document_qcs_id:
    documentDisplayName:
    documentUserId:
    documentUserName:
    early_access: 0
    installation_id: 6A232FDC-ABD4-43FB-990E-B215445F69A9
    last30days_crash_count: 0
    last48hours_crash_count: 0
    localTimeZone: America/New_York (EDT)
    mp_device_model: iMac13,2
    rawAggregatorPref: fdp
    receiptUserId:
    receiptUserName:
    subscriber: Subscribed
    syncNewAccounts: 1
    system_appearance: light
    systemTimeZone: America/New_York (EDT)
    tier: Deluxe
    tier_country: US
    total_crash_count: 0
    userTypeV2: WINBACK_LEGACY

errors count: 1

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    error #1
    level: 4 (Debug = 0, Critical = 6)

description:
    add account error

suggestion:
    Try again later.

system description:
    institution login: can't set up (MFA response problem)

request:
    {
    "mfaResponses" : [
    {
    "key" : "FnBZ+i7\/8jeqG5n7PipKoSAFckCCIs0JhL0P0Xhn5vg=",
    "response":"<XXX>"
    }
    ]
    }

response:
    {
    "status" : "AGGREGATION_IN_PROGRESS",
    "institutionLoginId" : "347470907557366272",
    "isProcessing" : true
    }

poll response:
    {
    "status" : "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR",
    "aggregators" : [
    {
    "channel" : "FDP_DEFAULT",
    "cpAggStatusCode" : "FDP-106",
    "aggStatus" : "ACCOUNT_MISMATCH",
    "isProcessing" : false,
    "cpAggStatusDetail" : "Account not found. No accounts returned - case 106"
    }
    ],
    "mode" : "DISCOVER_AND_ADD_ACCOUNTS",
    "institutionLoginId" : "347470907557366272",
    "isProcessing" : false
    }

I use to login using the NetXinvertor but that one is no longer valid, I now have to use the Royal Alliance - NetXInvestor which I believe happen because Cetera Advisors LLC or Pershing LLC merger together and they both are using NetXInvestor for online access. Obviously the handhand shaking/API is broken with Quicken.
  • gpalermo
    gpalermo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Okay figure it out, If you were previously using the NetXinvestor Financial Institution to download your transactions you now have to log in using the Cetera Advisors LLC Financial institution not NetXinvestor even though Cetera is using NetXinvestor website. Also you do not have put the 3 digit financial institution in front of your User ID like you did for NetXinvestor in quicken or their website.

I also follow the instruction on https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7919560/what-to-do-to-fix-cetera-netxinvestor-transaction-downloads/ I deactivated all the accounts then tried setting a new account and then it all work as expected.
  • vicki67
    vicki67 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @gpalermo YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!!!!! Thank you for figuring this out!
  • steveotso
    steveotso Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Tried all of these things. Using Cetera Advisors LLC, still fails. [Removed - Solicitation]
  • ukfigs
    ukfigs Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue, NetXinvestor worked fine until mid last week and now get error messages about internet access and "its not your fault. Login works fine on web page, mobile app, and bank access but quick does not connect. Sent report via help. Would really like to get this fixed as the bank is out of ideas and suggestions.
  • CarlK9
    CarlK9 Member
    Options
    Same issue. Haven't been able to connect to Pershing LLC / Netxinvestor for about a week. I keep on waiting since your note says its not my problem. Error OL-297-A
  • jstockler
    jstockler Member
    Options
    I spent over an hour with a very helpful Quicken rep yesterday and at the end, she confirmed that there is "known issue" between Netxinvestor and Quicken that has not yet been resolved. I don't know why the responses from Quicken here can't pick that up but there you have it.
  • gravete
    gravete Member ✭✭
    Options
    For about a week now I have had issues downloading transactions from Netxinvestor. Netxinvestor tech support claims there is no, issue yet there certainly is. Quicken said there is and even gave me a case number, but the people on tech support can give me no information whatsoever - neither whether any progress has been made, when I might expect resolution -- nothing! Netxinvestor also told me I shouldn't be calling them -- that everything should be coming from my financial advisor. Right now, it seems like a stalemate.
  • jstockler
    jstockler Member
    Options
    Quicken reports a "known issue" with Netxinvestor and today, the rep told me it has "been escalated." But apparently they are waiting for Pershing to take next steps--the only way I think that can happen is if you get in touch with the broker or financial investor who is managing the account and make a complaint.
  • rhillig
    rhillig Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am going to me too this as well, because I can't figure out how to follow this without posting.

My financial advisor is not tech savvy at all & it annoys me that no one at Netxinvestor or Cetera will talk to me.
  • jamessite
    jamessite Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am one of the few for Netxinvestor downloads working
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello All, 

Thank you for joining this thread to share the issues that you are experiencing. 

We do now have an active alert regarding BNY Mellon Pershing users receiving an OL-297-B error. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• gravete
    gravete Member ✭✭
    Options
    No change since leaving the last message. My financial advisor, Arvest Wealth Management, told me they reached out to their "Relationship Manager" at Pershing/Netxinvestor to see what the issue is. Everything points to the problem being with them as there are many customers having the problem. I get different explanations each time I talk to Quicken support. One referred me to an old post from July saying Pershing/Netxinvestor has removed the ability to download transactions to quicken from it's customers, but don't believe that to be true since I was able to do so until early October. Another support analyst told me quicken doesn't get involved with companies when the OL-297A error occurs. So, now just waiting to hear what Netxinvestor has to say to my rep at Arvest. I think Quicken support isn't going to do anything. They have been completely unhelpful so far.
  • gravete
    gravete Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just got the problem fixed today. Arvest and Pershing/Netxinvestor got together and decided that to fix the issue, users needed to download and install the latest cumulative update for windows -- KB5020435. I did and now can get updates from Netxinvestor without getting errors.
  • drut687
    drut687 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had the same problem. In my case there was a Windows update at about the same time as the problem started. I did read somewhere here that that was a possible cause. I had another Windows update about 3 days ago and that did solve the problem. My brother also had the same problem and it was solved with the update as well. Hope this helps some of you.
  • GBTjr
    GBTjr Member
    Options
    > @drut687 said:
    > I had the same problem. In my case there was a Windows update at about the same time as the problem started. I did read somewhere here that that was a possible cause. I had another Windows update about 3 days ago and that did solve the problem. My brother also had the same problem and it was solved with the update as well. Hope this helps some of you.

I had to install Windows update several times (sometimes installing one update makes another available), but eventually I hit the update that solved the problem. Persevere.
This discussion has been closed.