New Version Update Corrupts Data Files

HBofFMFl Member ✭✭
Every time a new version of Quicken Deluxe is applied to my installation, the data files are corrupted. I always save a backup copy immediately prior to installing the version update. After updating, I restore a from the backup file. The data files are corrupted. This can't continue.


  • Hello @HBofFMFl,

    Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and explain your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

    Next time, after you restore a backup, I also recommend that you try creating a copy of your data file which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.

    If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

    However, it's important to know that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

    I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    My data file was also corrupted with the latest update. I had forgotten to pause OneDrive though. If you are using OneDrive or another real-time backup application, be sure to pause it before any Quicken software update. 
  • Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Anja

    Thanks for posting that solution. I will try it and see if it helps with the next update.

    In addition to corrupting my data it also removed all of the accounts which I had listed as wanting to be synced when I did One Step Update.

    Hopefully your suggestion will solve the problem.
This discussion has been closed.