Chase Migration = Account MESS!!

jacksaudio
jacksaudio Member ✭✭
I, Iike many others, had difficulty with (supposed to be) seamless migration to the new Chase data provider. I stopped before I got duplicate accounts and then manually synced my two Chase credit card accounts. It downloads 60 days of transactions? What? Once downloaded I had to manually delete every transaction that was already in quicken from previous syncs/reconciles.

Then the fun began - and I haven't totally figured it out yet. One account is now 1087.56 out of balance and the other was 76.79 out of balance. I reconcile weekly at minimum, thankfully I have a good backup from two days ago.

Be warned!!! Migration is NOT ready for public use!

Comments

• planz
    planz Member ✭✭
    I also found that after doing a chase migration, my primary checking account was out of balance by ~2,000.
    So, I had to restore from a backup file to correct the situation. Because of the backup restore I am now getting the CC-800 error, which the quicken solution for does not work!
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the Opening Balance in the accounts, they were probably changed in the re-activation based on the amount of the duplicated transactions.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• SammyDB
    SammyDB Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    For 2 days I was prompted for the new connection when starting One Step Update, but my existing Chase account in Quicken was not showing up to "link". So I would skip this process and just update through the register.

During today's attempt, it showed my existing account to "link" and I proceeded.
    It download 238 transactions which looked like every transaction for the last 3 months.
    Thankfully, unlike in the past, I could select/highlight all these transactions and delete them in bulk.
    But during auto reconciliation after hitting "Finish", a large "adjustment" transaction was entered which I had to manually delete, and an "opening balance" of equal amount was also snuck in that I had to manually delete.

I think I'm good now, after carefully navigating the issues during this process, but I imagine if anyone has the option enabled to automatically accept downloaded transactions, their accounts are going to be a real mess.
  • jacksaudio
    jacksaudio Member ✭✭
    Upon further investigation last night I found the issue. @splasher 's comment is what I found last night - the opening balance was changed. One of my accounts had a zero opening balance then had the exact 76.79 that i was out of balance. And sure enough, the other account was off by exactly the other amount.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upon further investigation last night I found the issue. @splasher 's comment is what I found last night - the opening balance was changed. One of my accounts had a zero opening balance then had the exact 76.79 that i was out of balance. And sure enough, the other account was off by exactly the other amount.
    Some advice we have been giving lately is to enter the Opening Balance of each of your accounts in that transactions Memo field.  Do this to all of your accounts, it will serve you well in the future.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jacksaudio
    jacksaudio Member ✭✭
    > @splasher said:
    > Some advice we have been giving lately is to enter the Opening Balance of each of your accounts in that transactions Memo field.  Do this to all of your accounts, it will serve you well in the future.

OMG! what a great idea - DONE :smiley:
  • jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    @splasher That's a great tip. just did that for my BOA accounts because we'll soon be going through that transition. I feel for the Chase customers, but I'm hoping we'll avoid their issues. Fingers crossed.

The problem tickles my memory when I had something similar happen during a past major year upgrade before the subscription era. When I upgraded from QW2008 to QW2011 and after the first OSU, the opening balance of two of my credit card accounts had changed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R255QBDGC17U1D/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B003YJ78AE

• > @splasher said:
    > Some advice we have been giving lately is to enter the Opening Balance of each of your accounts in that transactions Memo field.  Do this to all of your accounts, it will serve you well in the future.

Sorry, not sure what Opening Balance you're referring to. Is it the Opening Balance of the last statement, or the last time you downloaded transactions, or the opening balance when I first created it in Quicken, or ... ?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The opening balance is the very first transaction in your register. 
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Moorhatch
    Moorhatch Member ✭✭
    Chase continues to be a problem. I've, at least twice, deactivated online services, reactivated and received the "authenticated" message. In spite of that, Chase account balances are still not downloading through one step update. I've given up and am downloading from Chase. When I do so, the irony is that Quicken asks me if I want to activate one step. At this point, I think not.
This discussion has been closed.