Does Quicken setup a MacOS as a recognized device when connecting to a Truist online account?

Options
RStamps
RStamps Member
When Quicken connects to my Truist online bank account the bank's security shows a MacOS computer has been setup as a recognized device. I remove the MacOS device once it shows up. I change my bank password often and have to reset the password information in Quicken afterward to download the bank transactions. I am wondering if this is Quicken setting up the MacOS device and not a security issue by another party.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hello @RStamps,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

This should only be possible by Quicken if you set up an online connection for your bank accounts in Quicken for Mac. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RStamps
    RStamps Member
    Options
    Thank you for reaching out. I am using a Microsoft computer to connect with Quicken to bank online account. It is very strange that each time I open Quicken and perform the One Step process this MacOS 10.15 suddenly shows up. I contacted Truist Fraud Center and it appears to be a security breach. I use VPN and monstrously strong passwords and do not have this issue unless using Quicken. This has been tested several times. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.