Unable to download credit card transactions from USAA on windows

Options
Dsvid
Dsvid Member ✭✭
I have 7 accounts at the same bank and the 6 of them download without fail, being savings and checking accounts. BUT the credit card account fails to download. This action bring up a failure to download message and the option to reset the account, which I did, but to no avail. I have changed nothing, the updates are all up to date, and I am at a loss as to what to do.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Dsvid

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with downloading transactions from your USAA credit card. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the USAA account(s) to see if it produces the same error with your credit card account. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Robey22
    Robey22 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue -- no USAA credit card transactions have downloaded since 9/6. When I reset the account, neither of my two USAA credit cards even shows up in the list of USAA accounts to link/add to Quicken, but all the Checking and Savings accounts do. I did as suggested above and created a new Quicken file to test, and the same thing occurred -- USAA Checking and Savings accounts are in the list to link/add to Quicken, but USAA credit cards are not
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Robey22 said:
    I am having the same issue -- no USAA credit card transactions have downloaded since 9/6. When I reset the account, neither of my two USAA credit cards even shows up in the list of USAA accounts to link/add to Quicken, but all the Checking and Savings accounts do. I did as suggested above and created a new Quicken file to test, and the same thing occurred -- USAA Checking and Savings accounts are in the list to link/add to Quicken, but USAA credit cards are not
    Hello @Robey22,  

I do apologize that this problem continues, even in the test file. Thank you for letting us know about your results.

Given the presence of this issue across data files, and the nature of the problem, itself, it would be best to communicate with USAA support regarding this issue. Asking to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team is often extremely helpful, as they are most likely to have expertise with external software and applications, such as Quicken.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out about any other questions or concerns you may have. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Dsvid
    Dsvid Member ✭✭
    Options
    Robey22, I would love to hear what USAA support tells you. Could you share what you have learned?
    Dsvid
  • Dsvid
    Dsvid Member ✭✭
    Options
    USAA support had me deactivate the account and then add it back in, being sure to link it to the existing account. It all works fine now.
This discussion has been closed.