CC-502 Error Citibank

Rich D
Rich D Member ✭✭
I have been getting CC-502 error on my Citibank accounts for the last 2 weeks. This unacceptable. We pay yearly fees to use this service. It should work as sold.

Rich Davidson

Comments

• Hello @Rich D,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Agree with you Rich. I haven't been able to get a download of my Citi credit history in over 2 months and find this ongoing issue to be a bit difficult to swallow. The Community Alert shows many months of this ongoing issue. Why?
  • tdodd
    tdodd Member
    I've had the same problem for several weeks after installing a Quicken update. I have an open issue with Quicken Support but they have not been of much help. I called again today to follow up, but they just said "the issue is still under investigation." Tinkering with things again myself, I changed my citi password so that it only includes special characters from the set "!%^_-|~@", and set its length to 32 (was 63). This was under the theory that Quicken might not be handling properly some of the special characters that are actually allowed by citibank. After regenerating my password, Quicken was able to connect.
  • geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I recently began experiencing the CC-502 error also. I see this has been an ongoing issue for almost six months. It is inexcusable for the problem to take this long to remedy! The only reason I purchase the annual subscription is so that I can download transactions. If I am unable to do that any longer, I see no benefit to a subscription.

• Richard Young
    Richard Young Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same here when connecting to Citibank cards.  CC-502
  • Having the same issues as described above. I changed my Citibank credit card password hoping that may resolve the issue but was unsuccessful.
  • MattT
    MattT Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here.  Started, for me, on my weekly update on October 2nd; okay on Sept 25th.  Continues today, Oct 9th.  Receive CC-502 error.  Status during OSU shows "download transactions", but none appear when complete and the error message appears.
  • andyf123
    andyf123 Member ✭✭
    It is definitely broken. I even tried to reenable "Manage desktop Apps" in Citibank Profile and tried to connect within that timeframe and still got the CC-502 error.
  • LogicSolut
    LogicSolut Member ✭✭
    Same issue. It began in the last week.
  • jamiller440
    jamiller440 Member
    edited November 2022
    [Removed - Rant]
  • mposever
    mposever Member
    :# so true! How about a fix for this?
  • Jack Riashi
    Jack Riashi Member ✭✭
    Are there any updates on the Citibank CC-502 issues? This has been going on for most of the year. I don't understand why this issue hasn't been resolved yet. Sometimes it works, like about a week ago, but then other weeks, like today, the downloads don't work, and there's an error code. Sometimes I do the update directly from the account, and other times it doesn't.

I would appreciate some color on this. It's frustrating since my primary credit card is with Citibank, Costco. Thank you, anyone!
  • Apparently one cannot "rant" when complaining about a significant issue that has been unresolved since early September. This despite a recent update. Why isn't fixing this issue a higher priority than making Quicken "prettier"?
  • Johnrh
    Johnrh Member ✭✭
    I changed my Citi password to 14 characters and downloads work now.
  • Thanks Johnrh. Because of his message November 29 I was able to resume updating my Citibank account via Quicken. It's not just 14 characters though. Be sure to follow the Citibank protocol for creating a new password.
This discussion has been closed.