Quicken for Mac Hangs up when updating Online Data

Options
Allensull
Allensull Member ✭✭
Past several days Quicken has been hanging up when it's trying to update Online Data. I've let it run up to an hour and still have to force it to quit. Anyone else having this issue>

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Allensull said:
    Past several days Quicken has been hanging up when it's trying to update Online Data. I've let it run up to an hour and still have to force it to quit. Anyone else having this issue>
    Hello @Allensull

I am sorry to hear about this problem with the program hanging or freezing. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, have you tried restarting your computer when this happens? Also, have you tried uninstalling the program - using the steps listed here - and then reinstalling it, using the steps provided in this article?

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Allensull
    Allensull Member ✭✭
    Options
    Computer is Laptop so turned off each time.
    Deleted Quicken and re-installed - Still does something
    It happens once everything is downloaded from Bank and Credit cards this part works fine. Just after this has finished is when it just keeps running Saying Updating Online Data

I have turned Sync off no help there either.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Allensull

Thank you for attempting to uninstall and reinstall Quicken, though I do apologize that you are still experiencing this issue. 

We recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation if needed. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bessms
    bessms Member
    Options
    @Allensull - did you get this resolved? I'm seemingly having the same issue.
    Brian
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How long have you been waiting before deciding to panic? I see someone saying 1 hr.
    Some Quicken for Windows users have reported that the transaction download process for some of the banks who recently converted download protocol from Direct Connect took several hours to complete, but it eventually did complete. Subsequent downloads have completed faster. My downloads usually take 1 - 2 minutes.
This discussion has been closed.