Why is my projected balance always running in the negative?

Options
About a year ago, the projected balances report suddenly dropped by a few thousand $. It's consistently shows in the negatives now, even though my account is consistently positive. I've fully reconciled the accounts and audited to ensure I didn't have an error in entry. It's looks like the projected balances report isn't recognizing some historical deposits maybe? Anyone have ideas?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @CindyDutra,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your projected balances.

Which financial institution are you experiencing this with? What is the connection method with said financial institution? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. 

I look forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What register balance are you comparing your bank statement Ending Balance to, when reconciling?
    Are there any past due outstanding Scheduled Reminders that you haven't processed, skipped or deleted yet?
    If you say that you might be missing deposits: Have you verified that these deposits are categorized correctly? For example, a transfer from Checking to Savings needs to be categorized in the Checking account as "[Savings]", i.e., the name of the Savings account register enclosed in [square brackets]. This will post a matching linked transfer transaction in the Savings account.
    Lastly, do verify that your account register's Opening Balance transaction amount is still correct. It may have been incorrectly changed if you recently had to deactivate and reactivate your account register.
This discussion has been closed.