Quicken File Password

Options
Yesterday when I booted up Quicken a new window appeared the was asking for my user name and password. Usually I just get a request for my file password which I have in a 1Password Favorites account. So mistakenly I entered my Quicken file password instead of my Quicken Account password. Obviously it would not open and requested that I change my Quicken File account password which I did. But I entered the password for my Quicken file. So now my //quicken account sign in was changed.but it was changed to open with the /quicken file password. I shut Quicken down and restarted. This time the usual request for only /quicken file password appeared. Since I had used the previous file password for my account password I elected to "change my password". When I do this I only get a message that says:Password Hint: strong password and that leaves me unable to change the password. This leaves Quicken unusable. What can I do to fix problem?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @ewrayjr

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with singing into your Quicken data file. 

We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and utilize functions such as screen share. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.