How can I password protect Bill Manager payments?

Options
My bookkeepers input payments, so I need to password protect payment transmissions.

Payment transmissions were password protected until today. Bill payments from Quicken no longer supported by Chase as of 9/26/22, so I must use Bill Manager from Quicken. I cannot find a password option for Quicken Bill Manager.

I have multiple bookkeepers, so a Quicken file password is not feasible. How can I password protect payments with Bill Manager?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can't.  There is only one password that will block someone not sending a payment and that is the data file password.  Quicken was never meant for multiple person use and as such it doesn't have that kind of protection.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you want protection, go directly to the financial institution's website and initiate the payment there, don't go thru Quicken to do it and you don't have to worry about your multiple bookkeepers being able to inappropriately issue bill payments.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• craigarakaki
    Options
    I have many bills. It takes several bookkeeper employees to pay the bills. I certainly do not want to give them access to my bank accounts. Until today, they entered the payments into Quicken. At the end of each shift, I checked their payment entries, then entered my password to transmit payments. Starting today, Chase no longer supports this Direct Connect, so I had to switch to Quicken Bill Manager. Bill Manager does not require a password to transmit payments. Bookkeepers can send any payment to anybody in seconds. How can I protect myself against fraud???
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you have a big business maybe you should be using QuickBooks not Quicken.  Quicken is a personal finance program and not really geared for business.  QuickBooks can have multiple users.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.