Discover Card CC-501 after converting to Express Web Connect

Options
Ron Czapala
Ron Czapala Member ✭✭✭
I got a message today saying Discover Card was changing the way Quicken connects (from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect).

I went through process and all seemed well but now I get a CC-501 when I try to update.
Hopefully  a temporary issue...

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if the instructions found in the support article provided above fail to resolve the issue, then we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I got a message today saying Discover Card was changing the way Quicken connects (from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect).

I went through process and all seemed well but now I get a CC-501 when I try to update.
    Hopefully  a temporary issue...
    Hello @Ron Czapala

I am sorry to hear about this problem with CC-501 error messages. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

If this error began appearing within the last day or so, I recommend waiting 24 hours to issue if the issue is resolved. If it continues beyond that interval of time, it would be best to reach out to Quicken Support using the information provided here. They will troubleshoot and diagnose this matter with the resources available to them. 

You can also read more about this particular error code in the article provided in this link.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Andrew02467
    Andrew02467 Member ✭✭
    Options
    My Discover updated fine in Quicken on 26 Sept. Suddenly on 27 Sept it says I have to update as after 26 Sept I won't have access. So much for advance notice!! In the results of the update window, there is a button for Reauthorize along with the notice about the change. That button does nothing...not clickable, not responsive to anything...
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    My Discover updated fine in Quicken on 26 Sept. Suddenly on 27 Sept it says I have to update as after 26 Sept I won't have access. So much for advance notice!! In the results of the update window, there is a button for Reauthorize along with the notice about the change. That button does nothing...not clickable, not responsive to anything...
    I tried selecting the button and it also didn't work. Start a new One-Step Update and it will give you the option to reauthorize your acct.
  • digitalmediaphile
    Options
    > @jfclague said:
    > I tried selecting the button and it also didn't work. Start a new One-Step Update and it will give you the option to reauthorize your acct.

did you have to switch to Express Web Connect or is Direct still working?
  • Harv
    Harv Member ✭✭
    Options
    For the last few weeks I have been required to manually enter data from both websites as one step does not work most of the time. Sometimes CC-501 errors sometimes one step works for 2-3 minutes and nothing. I go to websites and information is there. When will Quicken get this fixed. Windows 11 and Quicken R43.32. Not sure Quicken is worth the money anymore.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    > @jfclague said:
    > I tried selecting the button and it also didn't work. Start a new One-Step Update and it will give you the option to reauthorize your acct.

did you have to switch to Express Web Connect or is Direct still working?
    It defaulted to the conversion to Express Web Connect from Direct Connect. Discover is moving away from Direct Connect.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if the instructions found in the support article provided above fail to resolve the issue, then we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Ron Czapala
    Ron Czapala Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Still getting the CC-501 error... Hope they get this resolved soon.

I did report a problem as Jasmine suggested.
  • wcikanek
    wcikanek Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    When I attempt a download it appears to work, but nothing downloads. I did not realize that I was missing transactions until I made my payment and it did not show up on 9/29 as expected. I have close to a dozen transactions currently missing. Any idea when this will be fixed?

Settings are set up for transaction download Automatic entry is on  
    Using Express Web Connect
    I tried to do account reset, but this had no effect on problem.
  • Ron Czapala
    Ron Czapala Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    wcikanek said:
    When I attempt a download it appears to work, but nothing downloads. I did not realize that I was missing transactions until I made my payment and it did not show up on 9/29 as expected. I have close to a dozen transactions currently missing. Any idea when this will be fixed?

Settings are set up for transaction download Automatic entry is on  
    Using Express Web Connect
    I tried to do account reset, but this had no effect on problem.
    Report as a problem like Jasmine suggested - more reports may emphasize the issue... 
  • sjm66
    sjm66 Member
    Options
    I am also having issues using Express Web Connect to download my transactions from my Discover Card account. I haven't seen any solutions that appear to actually help. Discover Card person said Express Web Connect is still supported by Discover. They suggested contacting Quicken support.
  • pt53
    pt53 Member
    Options
    Re: Discover Card. I switched to web express yesterday and fond transactions from 4/11/22 to 7/5/22 had disappeared. I was unable to download from Discover, which seems not to offer Quicken compatible downloads anymore. Eventually, I decided to delete my card account and re-enter it. Worked fine except only 13 transactions instead of almost 300 transactions since 10/2022. How can I restore these transactions? Can it be done from a backup? A download from Discover will not be QFX or QIF format?
  • Ron Czapala
    Ron Czapala Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I tried resetting the "online services" in the "Account Details" and linked to the existing account. It downloaded a few transactions but now I get CC-800 and I can't get around it. Restored from a backup and the problem persists... What a ridiculous situation. 

I tried adding the account again and moved the transactions from the old to the new and still get the CC-800.

Reset the online services again - back to CC-501 [Removed - Profanity]

Been using Quicken since 1990 but getting fed up now.
  • Ron Czapala
    Ron Czapala Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Well Back to CC-800 error so I submiited another problem report via Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and a link to this forum topic
  • rayswank
    rayswank Member
    Options
    Discover BANK/CARD no longer works with Quicken. I tried all the "suggestions" and I give up.
  • laurencegreen
    laurencegreen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Started receiving error CC501 on my Discover account. Disconnected my connection and tried to reconnect but still getting same error. Called support a week ago and they gave me a ticket number. 9747916. Have not heard back from them. Still unable to connect to my account. Any word on when this is going to be solved?
  • Ron Czapala
    Ron Czapala Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Well - now I get a CC-505 error - [Removed - Disruptive]!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pt53 said:
    Re: Discover Card. I switched to web express yesterday and fond transactions from 4/11/22 to 7/5/22 had disappeared. I was unable to download from Discover, which seems not to offer Quicken compatible downloads anymore. Eventually, I decided to delete my card account and re-enter it. Worked fine except only 13 transactions instead of almost 300 transactions since 10/2022. How can I restore these transactions? Can it be done from a backup? A download from Discover will not be QFX or QIF format?
    A better approach would have been to just deactivate the old account for downloading, creating a new account just like you did and then using this procedure to move the missing transactions from the old account to the new one (first delete any transaction in the new account that are duplicates including the opening balance).  You will need to restore from a backup to start again.
    FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken

You can also use my free program to convert from CSV format to QIF or QFX so that you can import the transactions from the Discover website.

Note for the people that have Discover credit cards, it has been suggested in another thread that the financial institution should be "Discover Card" not "Discover Bank" to get it to work.

On the other hand, for years people have been complaining about Discover and Express Web Connect, and in the past the "solution" was to switch to Direct Connect.  That solution is no longer on the table and as such I would fully expect Discover users to have problems with the downloads from time to time.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Update:  Here is the comment I was thinking about that talks about the correct financial institution name.
    And it is Discover Bank for banking accounts and Discover Card for the credit cards.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7921532/fix-for-discover-transactions-not-downloading-following-switch-from-direct-connect
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ron Czapala
    Ron Czapala Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken actually downloaded my transactions this morning but also show a CC-800 error.
  • Ron Czapala
    Ron Czapala Member ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ron Czapala
    Ron Czapala Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Tried the CC-800 fix again. I deactivated the online download, closed and reopened Quicken.
    I reactivated the download and it seems to be working fine - no CC-800
This discussion has been closed.