Quicken for Windows (vR43.32) created duplicate Chase accounts and is downloading to new account

Sandy
Sandy Member ✭✭
With the latest update, my Quicken for Windows (vR43.32) created duplicate Chase accounts and is now downloading to new accounts, instead of to my original accounts. I need my new downloaded transactions back into my old accounts. And I need it to download to my old accounts, instead of the new. What is the easiest way to correct this?

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Sandy said:
    There surely is an easier way. I have over 1,000 transactions to move. (When I tried to move transactions, it only moves 1 or 2 at a time. Plus my bill reminders aren’t showing up on my new accounts. And all of my reports will have to be changed to add the new ones and remove the old. Way too many chances for errors.
    If you look at the link I provided you will see the FAQ suggests using Copy, not Move.
    The reason for is because of a long standing bug where Quicken will prompt on every single transactions that is marked Reconciled (R) if you use Move, but not if you use Copy.  Note it also tells you how to do multiple select to move all the transactions at one time.  And you can use the same multiple select to delete transactions.

As for reminders you are going to have to go into each of them and change them to the new account.
    Same for saved reports.

But if that is too much work for you, you can start over from a backup and try the conversion again.
    And this time make sure that you deactivate all your Chase accounts for downloading before doing the conversion.  And when you get to the Quicken dialog that matches online accounts to Quicken accounts make sure you properly link them.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sandy
    Sandy Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    > @Chris_QPW
    > But if that is too much work for you, you can start over from a backup and try the conversion again.
    > And this time make sure that you deactivate all your Chase accounts for downloading before doing the conversion. And when you get to the Quicken dialog that matches online accounts to Quicken accounts make sure you properly link them.

Perfect! That’s what I needed! Thank you!

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    No what you really need is for you old transactions to be moved to the new account because it is the one setup for downloading now.

Here is a method for moving transactions between accounts.  I would delete the duplicate transactions in the new account and move all the transactions in the old account to the new one, and then delete the old account.
    FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken
    Signature:
  • Sandy
    Sandy Member ✭✭
    There surely is an easier way. I have over 1,000 transactions to move. (When I tried to move transactions, it only moves 1 or 2 at a time. Plus my bill reminders aren’t showing up on my new accounts. And all of my reports will have to be changed to add the new ones and remove the old. Way too many chances for errors.
  • Chris_QPW
    Answer ✓
    Sandy said:
    If you look at the link I provided you will see the FAQ suggests using Copy, not Move.
    The reason for is because of a long standing bug where Quicken will prompt on every single transactions that is marked Reconciled (R) if you use Move, but not if you use Copy.  Note it also tells you how to do multiple select to move all the transactions at one time.  And you can use the same multiple select to delete transactions.

As for reminders you are going to have to go into each of them and change them to the new account.
    Same for saved reports.

But if that is too much work for you, you can start over from a backup and try the conversion again.
    And this time make sure that you deactivate all your Chase accounts for downloading before doing the conversion.  And when you get to the Quicken dialog that matches online accounts to Quicken accounts make sure you properly link them.
    Signature:
  • Sandy
    Sandy Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    > @Chris_QPW
    > But if that is too much work for you, you can start over from a backup and try the conversion again.
    > And this time make sure that you deactivate all your Chase accounts for downloading before doing the conversion. And when you get to the Quicken dialog that matches online accounts to Quicken accounts make sure you properly link them.

Perfect! That’s what I needed! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.