Quicken crashes when using QuickPay

Options
I have Quicken Premier for Windows Build 27.1.43.26. For the past couple of weeks every time I try to pay a bill with QuickPay, Quicken completely crashes. My first call to support had me uninstall and reinstall Quicken. That solved the issue for a short time, then it started happening again. I can no longer use QuickPay. After three hours on the phone with Quicken troubleshooting, they finally said they have no idea why this is happening and can offer no help. Has anyone encountered and resolved this issue?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ewest811 said:
    I have Quicken Premier for Windows Build 27.1.43.26. For the past couple of weeks every time I try to pay a bill with QuickPay, Quicken completely crashes. My first call to support had me uninstall and reinstall Quicken. That solved the issue for a short time, then it started happening again. I can no longer use QuickPay. After three hours on the phone with Quicken troubleshooting, they finally said they have no idea why this is happening and can offer no help. Has anyone encountered and resolved this issue?
    Hello @ewest811

I am sorry to hear about this issue with the program crashing and hanging. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, only this time: try deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here.

Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ewest811
    ewest811 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. When trying to troubleshoot this after it started happening again after the first uninstall/reinstall, we did uninstall and reinstall again--and deleted the program files x86. It didn't help. After the second reinstall the problem with Quicken crashing upon using QuickPay persists.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    ewest811 said:
    Thanks. When trying to troubleshoot this after it started happening again after the first uninstall/reinstall, we did uninstall and reinstall again--and deleted the program files x86. It didn't help. After the second reinstall the problem with Quicken crashing upon using QuickPay persists.
    Hello @ewest811

I am sorry for any confusion or frustration you may have experienced; thank you for getting back to me with the results of earlier troubleshooting recommendations.

After further investigation, I have been able to locate the previous interactions with Quicken Support that you had mentioned. It appears that per their guidance, a new file was recommended and that if you do not wish to start from scratch, copying the data file was presented as an option. Please note that this latter procedure will disconnect all online services in the copied data file, and that it will be necessary to reactivate all online account connections, online Bill Manager services, and all online notifications in the new copy of the data file. Also, a new data set will be created in the new data file, should you intend to use that as your primary data file, going forward. 

With that in mind, if you wish to continue, follow these steps, in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Copy or Backup File...
    3. Select Create a copy or template
    4. Click Next 
    5. Select a file location on your computer
    6. Click Save Copy
    7. Select New Copy
    8. Click OK
    I hope that this clarifies the situation somewhat, but let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ewest811
    ewest811 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. We did set up a new file to test quickpay. I have 20 years of data in Quicken so starting from a new file is not an option. I don't recall any discussion about being able to copy data into the new file. Should I expect any issues when copying 20 years of data? Thanks.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    ewest811 said:
    Thanks. We did set up a new file to test quickpay. I have 20 years of data in Quicken so starting from a new file is not an option. I don't recall any discussion about being able to copy data into the new file. Should I expect any issues when copying 20 years of data? Thanks.
    Hello @ewest811

Thanks for getting back to me about this. 

Do you happen to know what size your data file is? Occasionally the size or age of the data file may be a factor, but this is not always the case. 

I hope this is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ewest811
    ewest811 Member ✭✭
    Options
    the file is 55,000kb
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @ewest811,
    ewest811 said:
    While we cannot guarantee that no issues will occur, regardless of the amount of history in your original file, we would still advise creating the new copy as instructed previously by Jared. As mentioned previously, creating the copy will require you to re-establish all online connections as the new copy will create a new dataset ID and replace all internal lists and database tables the same way that creating a new empty data file would. 

Should you experience any issues, the copy does not overwrite your original file so you can always revert back to it if needed.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.