USAA savings account not able to link to existing account

Options
Kathy P.
Kathy P. Member ✭✭✭
I am having only trouble linking my existing savings account from USAA. Credit card and checking accounts no trouble. I tried resetting the account and now it is not showing up so that I can link it.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kathy P. said:
    I am having only trouble linking my existing savings account from USAA. Credit card and checking accounts no trouble. I tried resetting the account and now it is not showing up so that I can link it.
    Hello @Kathy P.

I am sorry to hear about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

I do have some questions of my own regarding the situation, and I will provide more information once I know more about what's happening. What seems to happen when you try to update your accounts? Are you noticing that the option to add specific accounts is missing? Are you noticing any problems with specific error messages?

I look forward to your response, and I hope to work with you further on this issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • Kathy P.
    Kathy P. Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    HI Jared. There is no option to add or link my USAA savings account. No error messages. As I said the checking and credit card there is no problem.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kathy P. said:
    HI Jared. There is no option to add or link my USAA savings account. No error messages. As I said the checking and credit card there is no problem.
    Hello @Kathy P.

Thank you so much for reaching out to me again about this problem, and for answering my earlier questions. I am sorry that this continues to be an issue. 

if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your USAA-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same problem occurring when trying to link your accounts in the test data file once this is attempted.

I look forward to hearing about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Kathy P.
    Kathy P. Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Did not work. It only brings up the checking and credit card account, not the savings.
  • Kathy P.
    Kathy P. Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Still not able to add my USAA savings account. Is there something else I can try? It's been 2 weeks since I posted my last comment.
  • Kathy P.
    Kathy P. Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Still not able to add my USAA savings account. Is there something else I can try? It's now over a month since I posted my last comment.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Kathy P.,

Thank you for reaching back out, I apologize for the delay in responses. 

Due to the same issue occurring in both the test file and the main file, I suggest reaching out to USAA for further support as that indicates an error with the way they are sending information through the servers. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken. 

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Kathy P.
    Kathy P. Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Jasmine. I did contact USAA and it turns out my savings account was inactive. They reactivated it and I am now able to download the account.
This discussion has been closed.