Why are some cleared transactions with Chase not downloading into Quicken

Options
bmc120669
bmc120669 Member ✭✭
I went to reconcile my accounts this evening and found a descrepancy with the bank balance and my register balance. All CashApp transactions that had cleared Chase didn't download into Quicken, also interest earned transactions and Chase's separate $3.00 ATM fee didn't download into Quicken, but they were no longer pending on Chase. :# I don't know who's fault it is, but its not a good way to keep records, especially financal records.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I am assuming you have reauthorized your Chase account(s) to EWC+ by now.  You can confirm your connection method by looking right below the account name in the account register at the top left of the register screen.
    If it shows Direct Connect (DC) or Express Web Connect (EWC) then you need to reauthorize your Chase accounts to Express Web Connect+ (EWC+).  Per announcements by Chase and Quicken the last 2 months, any non-investment/non-retirement accounts that have not migrated to EWC+ by 9/26 (yesterday) would no longer be able to download into Quicken beginning today.
    If you have already migrated to EWC+, then the first thing I would check is when the missing transactions cleared at Chase. If they cleared today, then they should be downloaded tomorrow.  EWC+ (and EWC) is a connection process whereby Quicken's aggregator downloads data from the Financial Institutions at night.  So, transactions downloaded into Quicken today were transactions that occurred yesterday and transactions that cleared today should be downloaded tomorrow.
    If the transactions cleared before yesterday, then perhaps this Alert applies to you: ONGOING 9/24/22 Chase - No downloaded transactions.  (It does not apply to everyone.  I have a Chase account and transactions have been downloading OK.)

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• bmc120669
    bmc120669 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes I have previously reauthorized my Chase accounts. I am fully aware of how the system works as I have used Quicken for years. The only transactions that I am having trouble with as I stated are cashapp transactions, fees that Chase charges for using outside network ATMs, and interest earned tranactions that Chase posts to my account. These do not download even through they have cleared and are not pending. I have to manually reconcile them. All other transactions download and reconcile just fine.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK.  Getting back to when the missing transactions occurred:  Did all of the missing transactions occur before you reathorized Chase for EWC+ or after the reauthorization?  Or were some transacted before the reauthorization and some after?

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bmc120669 said:
    The only transactions that I am having trouble with as I stated are cashapp transactions, fees that Chase charges for using outside network ATMs, and interest earned tranactions that Chase posts to my account. These do not download even through they have cleared and are not pending. 
    Given that other transactions are downloading, this sounds like some kind of problem where Chase/Express Web Connect + isn't putting these transactions into the data to be downloaded.

This is the kind of problem that only Chase (and maybe Intuit, but I doubt Intuit can do anything) can fix.

I would think that you would need to contact Quicken Inc support (the only way you can get any kind of contact started for Intuit to look into it) and contact Chase support.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.