Bill Manager with ClickPay?

Options
ClickPay is a tool used by property managers for the collection of rent, common charges, homeowner association fees, etc.

Has anyone had any success setting up ClickPay with Bill Manager's Quick Pay? I have not been able to do it, and ClickPay provides no support for Quicken. I'm able to add it to Bill Manager, but Bill Manager is unable to retrieve the balance, etc.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Brian183 said:
    ClickPay is a tool used by property managers for the collection of rent, common charges, homeowner association fees, etc.

Has anyone had any success setting up ClickPay with Bill Manager's Quick Pay? I have not been able to do it, and ClickPay provides no support for Quicken. I'm able to add it to Bill Manager, but Bill Manager is unable to retrieve the balance, etc.
    Hello @Brian183,    

I am sorry to hear about this problem with setting up an online biller, in this case: ClickPay. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, what happens when you try to make a payment using ClickPay through QuickPay? Have you tried making use of the steps made available here (specifically those listed under the section entitled Quicken for Windows, then the subheading, Making a payment through Quick Pay)? At what step do you begin noticing problems?

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Brian183
    Brian183 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared, unfortunately, I'm not at the point where I can even attempt to make a payment. I added ClickPay to Bill Manager several days ago, and the screen shot I've attached is all I get. I've done the 'try again' thing several times, along with Quicken's One-Step-Update, but it doesn't change. When I login directly to ClickPay, I do see that I do have a balance due.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Brian183 said:
    Hi Jared, unfortunately, I'm not at the point where I can even attempt to make a payment. I added ClickPay to Bill Manager several days ago, and the screen shot I've attached is all I get. I've done the 'try again' thing several times, along with Quicken's One-Step-Update, but it doesn't change. When I login directly to ClickPay, I do see that I do have a balance due.
    Hello @Brian183

I do apologize that this problem remains ongoing. Thank you for getting back to me with that helpful screenshot, and for explaining the situation further.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, go to the Bills & Income tab, then to the Bills or Bills, Income & Transfers subtab, and click on the 'gear' icon in the upper right-hand side of the screen. In the dropdown menu that appears, hold your cursor over the Review and Repair option, then click Review and Repair Online Billers. Once that is done, please close (keep closed for at least 5 seconds) and reopen Quicken, and see if the issue still continues to persist after reopening.

Let us know about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Brian183
    Brian183 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    No change. After selecting Review and Repair Online Billers I was prompted with the attached screen shot. I clicked Cancel, and then got the Validation Complete dialog box. I then did a few OSUs, and 'try again' for Click Pay. But, results are the same.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Brian183 said:
    No change. After selecting Review and Repair Online Billers I was prompted with the attached screen shot. I clicked Cancel, and then got the Validation Complete dialog box. I then did a few OSUs, and 'try again' for Click Pay. But, results are the same.
    Hello @Brian183

I am sorry to hear about this trouble continuing, even after these steps were attempted. Thank you for offering another screenshot indicating the new message you recieved. 

Have you already tried reaching out to ClickPay support about this issue? When doing so, it can be helpful to request to speak with a 'Tier 2' or escalations team when doing so, as these individuals are most likely to have familiarity with third-party software, such as Quicken.

I look forward to your reply, if you have the chance to check back in with us.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Brian183
    Brian183 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I did reach out to ClickPay before posting on the Quicken Community, and also searched their help site, their response was "Sorry we are not familiar with Quicken. Though there are only two ways you setup payments for your property, Online Bill Pay or Clickpay. Hope this helps."

Seems like they didn't want to have anything to do with Quicken, and essentially implying that any 3rd party solution won't work. Since ClickPay came up as a list of online billers within Bill Manager, with correct logo, etc. I assumed that Quicken had already established a relationship with them to ensure proper support, functionality, technical compliance/standards, etc. I may have been wrong in that assumption, or perhaps someone from Quicken should reach out to them to ensure QuickPay is still supported by them, and/or Quicken still supports ClickPay.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @Brian183,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I took the liberty of reviewing the internal status of ClickPay online biller and it is currently showing a degraded status which would explain the issue you are experiencing.

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on when this degraded status will be resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Brian183
    Brian183 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Ana. That is very helpful. At least it confirms that there is nothing wrong with my accounts or what I'm doing. Is there a way that I as an end-user can periodically review that status to see if it's changed? Or to review the status of other Online Billers, should I encounter problems in the future?
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Brian183 said:
    Is there a way that I as an end-user can periodically review that status to see if it's changed? Or to review the status of other Online Billers, should I encounter problems in the future?
    Unfortunately, these statuses are only visible and accessible internally. However, please feel free to reach out and ask about them anytime.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Brian183
    Brian183 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Anja, can you let me know the status of the New York Times? It is exhibiting symptoms similar to what I encountered with ClickPay. And, even more curious, I discovered that I had been entering the wrong password, but I was still able to add it as an online biller in Quicken. But, now even with the correct password, it's still showing that 'try again.'
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Brian183 said:
    Anja, can you let me know the status of the New York Times? 
    Certainly! Unfortunately, New York Times is currently showing as Down completely.

Apologies for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Brian183
    Brian183 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ouch, so two of the six I tried to add were no-go. That's frustrating, since after being forced to convert to EWC+ I can't submit bill payments via Quicken to my bank's (Chase) bill pay service - which had worked quite reliably for many years.
This discussion has been closed.