R43.32 updated - Now have many issues

Options
Steve95424
Steve95424 Member ✭✭
This morning Quicken automatically updated to the latest release. Pretty much everything is broken. Many memorized transactions that were deleted months ago reappeared, and many of those transactions were automatically entered into my checking accounts and had to be manually deleted. A transfer that was supposed to go to an investment account was mysteriously disconnected, making my account balance go negative. Credit card account balances are no longer accurate.

I have spent a couple hours trying to fix all these issues, and I'm still working on it. I think I'm finally at my wit's end with Quicken. After many, many years as a loyal customer, I think I'm going to have to search for an alternative. This is beyond ridiculous.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This morning Quicken automatically updated to the latest release. Pretty much everything is broken. Many memorized transactions that were deleted months ago reappeared, and many of those transactions were automatically entered into my checking accounts and had to be manually deleted. A transfer that was supposed to go to an investment account was mysteriously disconnected, making my account balance go negative. Credit card account balances are no longer accurate.

I have spent a couple hours trying to fix all these issues, and I'm still working on it. I think I'm finally at my wit's end with Quicken. After many, many years as a loyal customer, I think I'm going to have to search for an alternative. This is beyond ridiculous.
    Hello @Steve95424,   

I am sorry about these issues following an update in software version. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

Have you already attempted restoring from a recent backup? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file. 

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Steve95424
    Steve95424 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just restored from a backup from 9/20/2022 (I create a backup every time I close Quicken.) The same prorblems appeared in the backup file.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    I just restored from a backup from 9/20/2022 (I create a backup every time I close Quicken.) The same prorblems appeared in the backup file.
    Hello @Steve95424

Thank you for reaching out again with the results from the recent backup restoration. I am sorry that these problems remain ongoing. 

Did all of these problems emerge at the same time? Were the memorized transactions that reappeared and the credit card balances that were inaccurate all associated with multiple different financial institutions? If so, save a backup by navigating File > Copy & Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then follow the steps provided below:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If not, let me know more about which financial institution, in particular, seems to be featuring these symptoms before taking any further steps. 

I hope to hear more about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Steve95424
    Steve95424 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Jared,

I did a validation cycle, not super, after backing up. Not sure if it made a difference since I'd already deleted most of the incorrect stuff that was in the file.

What I'm thinking is purging a lot of old accounts that have long since closed and cleaning up the file so that it is only the more recent transactions. Should I use the "Create a copy or template" or "Create a year-end archive" feature, or....?

Steve
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Thanks, Jared,

I did a validation cycle, not super, after backing up. Not sure if it made a difference since I'd already deleted most of the incorrect stuff that was in the file.

What I'm thinking is purging a lot of old accounts that have long since closed and cleaning up the file so that it is only the more recent transactions. Should I use the "Create a copy or template" or "Create a year-end archive" feature, or....?

Steve
    Hello @Steve95424,

I am sorry that this issue still remains unclear, although I am happy that progress is being made. Thanks for checking back in with us about this.

If you are thinking of copying the data file, this would ordinarily be the next step following the validation of the data file. Be sure to save a backup prior to doing this, and please note that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied data file, and that it will be necessary to reactivate all online account connections, online Bill Manager services, and all online notifications in the new copy of the data file. Also, a new data set will be created in the new data file, should you intend to use that as your primary data file, going forward. 

With that in mind, if you wish to continue, follow these steps, in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Copy or Backup File...
    3. Select Create a copy or template
    4. Click Next 
    5. Select a file location on your computer
    6. Click Save Copy
    7. Select New Copy
    8. Click OK
    Let me know if this explains those steps clearly, and if this achieves what you are hoping for in this case. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Steve95424
    Steve95424 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, that helps a lot. I'm creating some Excel reports for archiving purposes and easy access, and then I'll create the copy. I appreciate your help!

Steve
  • Steve95424
    Steve95424 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Trying to create a copy with a subset of records and I get an error message "You are not authorized to take this action. Please check your credentials or try a different action."
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Steve95424,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.
    Trying to create a copy with a subset of records and I get an error message "You are not authorized to take this action. Please check your credentials or try a different action."
    At this point, we recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.