Bank of America not synching payments made through online banking to Quicken

kuhawksr1
kuhawksr1 Member ✭✭✭
After authorizing BoA accounts for the new connection method, when I schedule a payment using BoA online banking/bill pay and then use One Step Update, the scheduled payments are NOT downloading into Quicken.  Downloaded Transactions in my BoA checking account in Quicken is empty ... there should be payments there for me to accept or match to existing transactions in my quicken checking register.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not expect the FI downloading the billpay transaction created on the FI's website BP system to happen until the transaction is posted as complete. 
    I know with my CU, the billpay system is not part of their accounts system and the information in my account doesn't see them until they are honored.  I wouldn't doubt that BoA is the same.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• kuhawksr1
    kuhawksr1 Member ✭✭✭
    BofA has downloaded these newly scheduled payments for years. Doesn't have to be complete/cleared. 
  • splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you were doing it with a Direct Connect connection.  EWC/EWC+ plays by a different set of rules.  I don't have a BoA account so I don't know how they have implemented their system.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Downloading for scheduled payments is part of the bill payment system syncing to Quicken, which is only supported by Direct Connect.  Express Web Connect + can only download cleared transactions and the online balance.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.