How to convert my QMac 2007 file to Windows

Options
KathM
KathM Member
Not quite sure how I got into the community site. Glad to be here tho.
Trying to follow the directions to convert Quicken Mac 2007 to Windows subscription version. It says to "start" from quicken file. I don't see that option in Mac or windows.
Please advise.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you using this?  Quicken article on converting your data.  Scroll down to Convert from Mac to Windows 

https://www.quicken.com/support/converting-your-data-quicken-mac-0

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• KathM
    KathM Member
    Options
    Yes I was trying to follow that. But it says to choose "start" from a quicken file so if gives check boxes of the coversion to do. I can't get to that window with the check boxes.
  • KathM
    KathM Member
    Options
    And now after trying to export to qix file, the browser window quicken.intuit,com won't open.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It says that in one of the top instructions.  Scroll way down to Convert to Windows.

1. Open your data file in Quicken Mac.
    2. Choose File > Export > Quicken Windows Transfer File (QXF)....
    3. Save the .QXF file to media that will allow you to move it to your PC, such as a thumb drive or CD/DVD. You can also use Dropbox to move files. For more information, click here
    4. Move the media (thumb drive or CD/DVD) to your computer running Windows.
    5. Open Quicken for Windows.
    6. Choose File > New Quicken File.
    7. Select New Quicken File, click OK.
    8. Name your new data file and press OK.
    9. Choose File > Import and then select the .QXF file from your media.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    There is no QXF export file from QM2007. The link above does not include instructions from QM2007 to QWin. Quicken has taken down the article to show you how to do this.

There are only 2 paths to get to QWin from QM2007.
    1. Export data to QIF files from QM2007 then import them into QWin (see attached PDF below containing instructions from article taken down).
    2. Upgrade QM2007 to current QMac , then export the data using QXF to migrate to QWin. The caveat is that using this method will not migrate investment transactions from QM2007. You will still need to use method 1 for those transactions.

Also note that neither of these is not a clean path or process and some data massaging may still be needed after the migration.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.