Chase -- New Validation Process

Options
So I recently got a notification doing a OSU that I needed to validate my credit card account with Chase.  This account has been in my Quicken for > 10 years and participates in a number of my historical reports.  Hence the historical information in the account is important to me.  I went through the validation process with Chase.  When I reached the end, Quicken did NOT give me the option to link the validated account to my historical account in Quicken.  I did set up a new account in Quicken to Chase. The final message was that the account was validated - but apparently that only referred to the new account.   For awhile, the OSU continued to update both the historical account and the new account.  Today, the OSU failed.  Apparently, the historical Chase account fails to validate using this new process.  

So now I'm stuck.  Can someone help me out here??

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chase killed Direct Connect yesterday for non investment accounts and today for investment accounts.  Your old account would setup with Direct Connect and so that it why it is failing.

What you need to do is consolidate all the transactions in the new account. You can use this procedure to copy the needed transactions from the old account to the new one, and then delete the old account.
    FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken

Note you will need to delete all the transactions in the new account that are in the old account first.  That includes the opening balance transaction in the new account, because you will want the opening balance transaction from the old account.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Paul Smith2
    Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks..  That's apparently exactly what happened to me.  I understand what is required.  Unfortunately, it will also require going back and modifying historical reports unless I leave the historical account alone and simply shut it off for OSU.  Does the process outlined "move" the selected transactions out of the historical account or simply "copy" them to the new account?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It just copies it.  One would think that you could just use the Move Transactions context menu item instead of the Copy Transactions context menu item, but there is a bug in Quicken that has been there forever in that if your transactions are reconciled it will prompt you for every single one of them.  Copying them avoids that.  But even that isn't a perfect solution.  It will not copy the attachments.

Another way to go at it is to set the reconcile status to c instead of R and then use Move Transactions, and then set it back when you get them to the new account.  But even here it will prompt on every transfer transaction that is reconciled in the other account.

There isn't any ideal solutions, just what is "less painful".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/