versions of Quicken Mac that work with citicards but not with chase?

Options
pamela77
pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
I am on a late 2013 mac on catalina 10.15.7 and quicken 6.5.3.  I have not updated my quicken because my citicards download just fine and the problem with citicards is a known issue and has been going on for months with no resolution in sight.  For the new chase downloads, it looks like they want me to update quicken.  Sigh.  If I do that to get chase to download properly, I am afraid that citi won't work.  Any suggestions?
Thank you, Pamela

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is your Citi credit card setup with Direct Connect or Quicken Connect?

From what I know it is Quicken Connect that has all the problems with Citi accounts.

I'm on Quicken Windows, but the same thing applies, and my Direct Connect Costco Visa Citi credit card works fine.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Chris, I disconnected the chase accounts, and when I try to set them up again, I it doesn't give me an option as to which method to use.  I get to chose the bank (chase) then it goes to the sign in screen for chase so that I can authorize, and then it tells me i have to update my browser even though I am on the most recent one.   I am on a mac, and it looks like you are on windows?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry I misread your post (reversed it).  I thought it was Citi that you had the problem with, not Chase.

Chase dropped Direct Connect a couple of days ago.
    You have to "reauthorize" to switch to the new connection method.
    In Quicken Mac this will be called Quicken Connect.

This shouldn't affect your Citi account(s).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    pamela77 said:
    it tells me i have to update my browser even though I am on the most recent one.
    Are you on Safari 16.0? you said you were running macOS Catalina, and I don't believe Catalina runs Safari 16. If you have Safari 15, as I'd suspect, then have you downloaded the update to version 15.6.1 which was released last month for Catalina? It contained some security fixes; I don't know the details, but a bank might want users to have the security-patched version. Just a thought. 

As for your concern about updating Quicken from version 6.5.3 to 6.9, I wouldn't expect that to have any difference with Citi. It's quite rare that a connectivity problem with a financial institution is due to something in the Quicken program code; it is almost always on the back end with their servers, Intuit's servers, and the financial institution's servers. (That's why you typically see connectivity problems being resolved without any update to the program.) Can I tell you with certainty you won't have any problem if you update? Nope, I can't. I'm just saying the program version isn't usually an issue with a specific financial institution.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jacobs, You are right, it is safari 15.6.1.  Thank you for the comment about updating quicken and how it affects connectivity.  I guess I just felt so lucky that my citicards are working I didn't want to risk changing anything, and I also know what certain updates did to the schwab connections some months back.  But thank you, you have given me something to think about there.
  • pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris, thank you for explaining the type of connection that works best for each card.  I am trying to "re-authorize" my chase accounts, but i can't get past the sign in screen - it just keeps telling me that my browser needs updating , even though my browser is up to date and fits their requirements.
This discussion has been closed.