R44.XX Mondo Patch (Install) Error - /wyserver.wys

Options
Mark Pedroia
Mark Pedroia Member ✭✭✭
The Mondo Patch for the latest version is returning an error during the initial install.  I've downloaded it multiple times to ensure it was not a problem with the download(s) process.  See error message in the attached photo.  Note all the backslashes but one forward slash between "current" and "wyserver"   Could this be the issue?  Dunno.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Mark Pedroia,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

However, after you have uninstalled and before you proceed with reinstalling, please open your Windows File Explorer and navigate to This PC > C: Drive > Program Files (x86) and delete the folder titled "Quicken" (doing so does not affect your data files). After you have deleted this folder, go ahead and try reinstalling.

Once that is done, you can try installing the latest Mondo Patch as well.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mark Pedroia
    Mark Pedroia Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi, uninstalled, deleted the folder, downloaded the latest Quicken 27.1.43.32 and installed then attempted the latest mondo patch 27.1.44.23 - same error.  Also, when I "check for updates", the program notifies me that there is an update to 43.32 and would I like to download?  However, 43.32 is what I already have (per the "About" splash screen.)  After I download it, I am still presented the "there is an update" screen.  If it helps, I'm using Q H&B on a Win 10 machine.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    interesting about the final "slash" facing right vs left -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Ps56k2 said:
    interesting about the final "slash" facing right vs left -

That slash doesn't really matter when building a filename in Windows.
    IMHO, the problem, as has been discussed many times before, is the username portion of the path. It contains a blank before "Pedroia" and that's what blows the update process. I guess, the username portion actually is "Mark Pedroia"
    If your Windows User files are located in a folder named, for example,
    "C:\Users\John Doe\..." (with a blank space between John and Doe)
    you need to create a new Windows User Account with Admin privileges and a name that does not contain a blank space, e.g., "John". Use the new account to install or update Quicken. Afterwards return to using your regular Windows User Account for running Quicken and doing all other work, as usual.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @UKR - wow… good catch - 

It might contain a blank before "Pedroia" and that's what blows the update process.
    I guess, the username portion of the path 
    actually is "Mark Pedroia".

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I forgot to mention the following alternative to creating a new Windows User Account:
    In Windows Control Panel / System / Advanced System Settings / Environment Variables both the TEMP and TMP variables usually point to a valid and existing folder, typically C:\Windows\Temp or 
    C:\Users\your_username_here\AppData\Local\Temp
    To make the installation process run, all we need to do is to get rid of the blank space in the username portion of the path to the Temp file folder.

So, create a new folder, C:\Temp, and change both the TEMP and TMP user environment variables to point to C:\Temp, reboot Windows, verify the new Temp folder is now in use and try your Quicken installation again using your regular Windows User Account.

This discussion has been closed.