Hundreds of transactions in dozens of accounts lost previously assigned categories ???

Options
Patrick Larkin
Patrick Larkin Member ✭✭
I first noticed when reconciling checking account that beginning balance was off. Turns out transfers I had previously reconciled in checking had "disappeared" because the transaction in the other accounts had lost their category (the checking account of the matching transfer).

Now I'm noticing hundreds of transactions from the past year which are no longer categorized... transactions which are entered as bill and income reminders, which indeed have categories.

So, what happened? I guess maybe with the many updates recently they got modified en masse? And how to fix (aside from revisiting every transaction with no category and assigning them back again)?

Quicken Home, Business & Rental - Version R43.32, on Win 10 Enterprise.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Patrick Larkin,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your categories disappearing. 

I suggest restoring from a backup that was created before you noticed the missing categories. You may follow this link for more information regarding restoring from backups.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.