Register Lines overwriting

Options
Cbankovic
Cbankovic Member
When updating a line item A in a register, upon hitting enter or clicking the green check. It will overwrite the line item B below it with all of the information from line item A.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Cbankovic,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• smono57
    smono57 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I came across the same problem. I have two separate computers with two different/unique quicken files and this problem started after I updated the new Bank of America authentication method (was already upgraded to to Quicken R43.32 and did not notice the problem at that point). This is definitely a bug. It appears to be an issue with not displaying entries correctly. When you change entry "A" and then move off the entry, Quicken displays entry "A"'s information over the top of the entry below it so it appears to be duplicated. If I move to a couple different accounts along the left side of the screen and then go back to the original account, the correct entries are displayed. Validating the file does nothing since it appears to be an issue with quicken displaying the entries incorrectly. Quicken support can you please investigate this?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @Cbankovic @smono57 Are you talking about banking registers or investment registers? This (or similar) display bug has existed in investment registers for years.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• HiDeer
    HiDeer Member ✭✭
    Options
    I believe I have seen this issue as well. After updating an EWC+ account, if I then modify a newly downloaded transaction (A) and save it, it correctly updates the entry but also displays (A) data over the entry below it (B). As stated, it appears (A) has been duplicated, overwriting (B), but this is appearance only. I have found that updating the account again refreshes (B) to its correct state. I do not believe the (B) transaction was actually changed in the data file, just looks that way. In my case, this is a banking (credit card) account and started happening after recently changing the account from direct connect to EWC+ with temporary transactions displayed.
  • baboss
    baboss Member
    Options
    Seeing this issue too. I'm guessing it started after the latest update. It looks like if you make the entry update/save and THEN close Quicken and come back in everything is as expected and you don't see the duplicated entry. But if you update an entry you have to do this process again as it looks as if the next entry is a duplicate. I don't believe it does create a duplicate judging by how everything is expected once you close Quicken and open it back up. Very annoying to have to make an entry update/save, close Quicken, and rinse/repeat for each entry. If I don't do that I'm afraid it will start messing up my next entry.
  • Cbankovic
    Cbankovic Member
    Options
    This was only in the banking registries. I did the validate and repair. It's fixed so far, but I've got lots to do before saying it's fixed completely. It started after the last update. I'll post an all clear email once I've completed all of my updates.
  • Cbankovic
    Cbankovic Member
    Options
    So far, the validate and repair fixed my issue. I'm good.
  • HiDeer
    HiDeer Member ✭✭
    Options
    I received a thoughtful popup message from Quicken - due to the numerous issues with pending transaction display, they have turned the feature off. Interestingly, it appears to have corrected my register overwritten display behavior. I had not yet tried validating and repair. Modifying a downloaded transactions now operates perfectly, and the entry below remains unfettered.
  • smono57
    smono57 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Rocket J Squirrel I was referring to banking registers. As @HiDeer mentioned, this problem went away when Quicken turned off the Pending Transaction features they added not long ago.
This discussion has been closed.