Connection issue with Schwab and Chase accounts

Options
rhg_hilltop
rhg_hilltop Member ✭✭
I have recently started having connection issues with Chase and Schwab accounts. Neither will update in the OneStep Update, they just say "waiting" or "updating your accounts" and nothing ever happens until I force quit the program with Tas Manager. I have tried to troubleshoot based on what I've seen from other users, and still nothing. So far, I have:
1) Deactivated all my accounts, and then gone back to "Add Account" to reconnect. This is where it gets stuck on "Updating your accounts".
2) I have reconfigured my Mcafee firewall to all for Quicken access.
3) I have tried to Validate and Super Validate the file.

It started a week ago with Schwab accounts and now Chase won't work either.

Running Quicken Home, Business, Rental R43.42.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @rhg_hilltop,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rhg_hilltop
    rhg_hilltop Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried that. Didn’t work. :/
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Thank you for following up.

In that case, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    May I ask how long you have waited while "Updating accounts", before you terminated Quicken?
    Depending on the number of transactions in your account register, it may take very long (in some reported cases here in the Community several hours) for the process to finish.
    Supposedly this should be a one-time occurrence. Once the process has completed successfully for the first time, future One Step Updates should run much faster. (My daily OSU runs between 1 and 2 minutes)
  • rhg_hilltop
    rhg_hilltop Member ✭✭
    Options
    @UKR , I've let it go overnight, and still nothing. I've been using Quicken for 20+ years and it's never taken longer than 2 minutes before.

I am going to to try tech support and will report back.
This discussion has been closed.