Reauthorizing account wont work

Options
Mark256
Mark256 Member ✭✭
I have a credit card through Chase Bank, and they have changed their security measures so Quicken tells me to “Reauthorize” the account when I use One step Update. I go through all the steps where I log in to Chase and follow the instructions. Chase tells me “Your Accounts have been authorized successfully”. When I return to Quicken and select One Step Update, I am again told that I must “reauthorize” this account. This keeps happening after several tries. Thanks to all who help.

Comments

• Hiveman
    Hiveman Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm seeing the same behavior, and now Quicken won't update any of my accounts, even the ones that aren't with Chase.
  • Mark256
    Mark256 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Its good to know I am not the only one. Is there a site to report bugs like this?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Hiveman and @Mark256

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by these issues with online banking services. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

There is, indeed, a way to submit log files so that this issue can be analyzed. I recommend submitting program log files by navigating to Help > Report a problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen. You may then include a brief description of the issue as well as any available screenshots you may have along with the data logs. Although we will investigate this issue further, we do not have an ETA on a resolution, and you will not receive a response through these submissions, as these are used purely for investigative purposes.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Mark256
    Mark256 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    [Removed -Speculation/Disruptive] You are a moderator isn't there some way you can make the appropriate staff at Q aware of this? Currently I cant update any of my credit cards.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Mark256,
    Mark256 said:
    [Removed -Speculation/Disruptive] You are a moderator isn't there some way you can make the appropriate staff at Q aware of this? Currently I cant update any of my credit cards.
    Although you do not receive a response for problem reports submitted through the program, these submissions do go directly to a database that is accessible by members of our Product and Development teams as well as our Tier 2 support agents.

These reports are reviewed daily, mainly to track multiple reports of the same trending issues or to request log files for troubleshooting/escalation purposes. When multiple reports of the same issue are received, then those reports are investigated further. Reports that can be replicated or verified are then submitted as tickets to the proper channels.

If you prefer to have an escalation filed with a specific ticket number assigned to it, then we recommend contacting Quicken Support directly as they have the necessary tools available in order to do so that this channel, unfortunately, does not.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mark256
    Mark256 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • Mark256
    Mark256 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The Quicken program has a problem that both I and another member has experienced. I merely asked that since this person is a moderator isn't there some way he could contact Quicken. I assume he has more influence than I do. Please tell me how I have been rude.
  • Mark256
    Mark256 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I finally did make a call to Quicken support and the person I spoke to did a screen share. She was very courteous and knowledgeable. We worked on the issues together and because of her guidance Quicken has now authorized my account and my credit card is receiving updates. So I thank that particular tech support person. However I don't understand how I offended anyone in this forum. In the future I will just automatically call tech support.
  • Hiveman
    Hiveman Member ✭✭
    Options
    Glad it worked for you, @Mark256! I tried the same, but unfortunately with no luck. We re-installed Quicken and tried connecting to my accounts and it still didn't work. This has been escalated to the next support tier, so I'm hoping I'll be able to manage my accounts in Quicken again soon.

It is a little upsetting that this has been going on for over a month and all we're getting is assurances that it will be looked at. I'd have to agree with you that calling support may be a better way to trouble-shoot problems than the forum. At the very least it gets the issue into their ticketing system.
  • Hiveman
    Hiveman Member ✭✭
    Options
    After a month of trying I finally found a Quicken support person who knew what to do to get my account downloads working again.

Caveats: it still doesn't work for Chase accounts and you need to do this incrementally because, at least for me, Quicken went into strobe mode after awhile. If you suffer from epilepsy this is probably not safe for you.

1. Click on Tools
    2. Account list
    3. Search for your accounts and click on EDIT (Next to the name of your accounts)
    4. Online services - Deactivate
    5. General - Delete Number account and the name of your financial institution (The first 2 fields on the RIGHT side)
    6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 with all the accounts from the same financial institution with the same issue (You can do this by editing each individual account too, but using the account list is more efficient.)
    7. Online Services - Set up Now
    8. Enter your online banking credentials
    9. Link to the existing account(s)
    10. Finish

Step 5 is extremely important. I found that Quicken had mixed my financial institutions up in the Account Details so that they were associated with the wrong bank. You need to clear this info or it will try to force you to link the bank to the wrong account.

Also, do not try to fix Chase - it's still broken and trying to download Chase data will just mess up the downloads again.
This discussion has been closed.