Vystar CU

Options
Why is Vystar Credit Union not listed as an online account? Latest Quicken update seemed to remove i

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Rchambfl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

We received notice from Vystar back in August stating that they will no longer support transaction downloads and online connectivity with Quicken which is why the financial institution has been removed from our financial institution list.

This information was at the time it was received also posted in this Community Alert which has since been closed.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rchambfl
    Rchambfl Member
    Options
    Thanks, though I spoke with customer support today who informed me that on 02 October Vystar had submitted a change to this. Is this not the case? Is Vystar misleading me?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Thank you for your response.

We have not received any new notices from Vystar stating anything contrary to the information I previously provided above. If they do intend on re-establishing online connectivity with Quicken, it will require that Vystar reach out to our service provider (Intuit) in order to do so.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    The info provided  by Quicken Support:

"We have received confirmation from Vystar Credit Union that this financial institution is looking to have Web Connect."

seems to contradict Vystar's website.  Hopefully, Web Connect will only be temporary until Direct Connect is reestablished.

"Quicken (Direct Connect), will not be available after the new Online & Mobile Banking experience goes live. Don’t worry, it will return during a later update - new and improved. You will still have the option of using Express Connect."

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• Rchambfl
    Rchambfl Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Why are Vystar accounts downloading transactions to [Removed - 3rd-Party Software] but yet the desktop app still does not show Vystar as a connected financial institution? One of my Vystar accounts is working in the Desktop app but I am unable to set up the others.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Don't disconnect Vystar from [Removed - 3rd-Party Software].  You may not be able to add it back in.  I have some friends who are still able to download Vystar transactions to Quicken because they used Express Web Connect instead of Direct Connect, even though Vystar is not a recognized FI in Quicken.  That means if they disconnect the EWC, they won't be able to reconnect.  It appears that EWC does not check if an FI is still valid.  Jst as a test, if you try to add another Vystar account to [Removed - 3rd-Party Software] (without going through with the full addition), does [Removed - 3rd-Party Software] see Vystar as a valid FI?  Is yes, then all should be okay in [Removed - 3rd-Party Software].

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    My comment was edited to remove non-Quicken software, which points out that [Removed - 3rd-Party Software] is not owned by the same company as Quicken.  So, the Vystar problem in Quicken is not related.

• Cliff46
    Cliff46 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Because Vystar has yet to get its act together from the software fiasco of 6 months ago!
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Am I able to link my VyStar account to QuickBooks, Intuit Mint or Quicken?  Yes. VyStar accounts can be linked to QuickBooks, Quicken and Intuit Mint.  As of Dec. 13, 2022, you can download your transaction history from Online & Mobile Banking using all Intuit services.   For instructions on how to add your account in Intuit Mint, visit the Intuit Mint support page.  For instructions on how to add accounts in Quicken, visit the Quicken help page. For instructions on how to add accounts in QuickBooks Online, visit the QuickBooks Online support page. For instructions on how to add accounts in QuickBooks Desktop, visit the QuickBooks Desktop support page.  Please be advised that you must first deactivate and then reactivate your connection to Quicken or QuickBooks (Online and Desktop versions) to access your files.  "SOURCE: https://info4.vystarcu.org/omb-faq

It appears only EWC and Web Connect are available.  Vystar used to offer Direct Connect, but it is not showing as an available connection type.